Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Memphis

IGNITER LIFE

(1/3) > >>

Canadian John:
 Just curious as to how long igniters last relative to use in the Memphis..I have had my Pro for a few months now and just love it. No problems to speak of....  My previous pit went through 2 or 3 igniters in under 6 years..In the 9 months of the year it was used it would be used about 5 days/week.

As I like to be proactive I was considering having an igniter on hand even though the pit can be started manually..If the igniters are for the most part long lived I'll wait.

bregent:
I've had my Elite for over 2 years and igniter still works fine. A few months ago it was tripping the GFCI so I started it with a torch. After the cook I cleaned the burn pot really well and haven't had a problem since.

Bar-B-Lew:
I think mine is 5 years old and still works, but I don't use it very often.  Will see how long it takes others to develop an igniter like MAK that they guarantee for life.  That things starts a grill up much faster than the old fashioned igniters.

Gringo:
I've had my 2011 Pro since 2013 and it was a demo unit before that.  I use it on average of twice a week.  Still on the original ignitor.

GrillinGlen:
I have a 2011 Pro, replaced the hot rod for the first time this spring.  Probably average one use a week over that time, so maybe 300 starts before it died.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View