Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Battling Amazon  (Read 1891 times)

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
Battling Amazon
« on: October 25, 2017, 07:22:41 PM »

Is it just me or has anyone else send a huge drop in Amazon's customer service in the last 12 months?

I've been a 'prime' member since its inception and ws a happy camper until about a year ago.
There's very little I buy without the 2 day prime delivery (and I'm a very patient guy), but 2 days is 2 days. Not 4-6 with a delivery that was never made.

My problems have gotten worse in the last 3 months. Is Amazon spending too much on marketing and forgetting their base? Tie this back to the Traeger buyout post.  Don't get me wrong, I love Amazon. BUT... I expect to get what I pay for. It's not too much to ask is it?

Anyone else feeling my pain?
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

DE

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Re: Battling Amazon
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 08:19:03 PM »

So far they have not missed a beat for me. Even the one return I did went super smooth. Sorry your having issues and I hope it’s not a trend.
Doug//PG1000  SI4D   EXPEDITION GRIDDLE  FIREBOARD  THERMOPEN   BLACKSTONE 22  A BRISKITARIAN!

Vision

• Using less gas.
  • Baltimore, Maryland
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 08:28:41 PM »

Are you confusing Amazon with the shipping company? Even so it should come in two days.

For me Amazon is still perfect and getting, crazy nice. This summer when UPS damaged my front steps dragging a 36" Blackstone up them Amazon gave me the griddle for free. Wow.
Mak 1 Star Blackstone 36 WSM 18 Weber OTG

Conumdrum

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love cooking good food for friends and family
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 09:07:24 PM »

Do you live near a fulfillment center?  Live in the boondocks?  That can have a lot to do with it.  When you click "Buy this xxxx" are you sure it's 2 day?  I have done that more than a few times. I see free shipping and it's not 2 day.   >:(

If your area has delivery issues like in the boondocks, and you have independent delivery guys (not a FEDX or UPS or USPS) then it's up in the air. I see independents all the time in my neighborhood.  Las Vegas. $18 an hour plus mileage.....
Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!

zephyr

• Using less gas.
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 09:53:59 PM »

If it's from hurricane areas, places the size of New York that burned or over seas, it's gonna take longer

........................................................  ZEP
><> Titus 3:2-7 <><           [M2SG]  [UDS] [36X19 Phantom Downdraft]   [Karubecue C-60 Downdraft]

Rockit

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 10:18:11 PM »

We've had a similar experience.
About 15% of the time they don't meet their 2 day arrival.   Sometimes it takes 2-3 days  before it even ships.
We're about a 20 minute drive from a fulfillment center.
We order a LOT from amazon and overall still fairly satisfied with prime.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 11:50:07 PM »

I have made 131 orders this year, and I can't think of one that was not delivered within the time that they said it would be delivered.  Not all items are available for 2 day prime delivery especially if they are not fulfilled by Amazon direct.  But, when you place the order, they tell you when they commit to deliver.  They have never missed that date for me.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

dclord

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 12:23:09 AM »

I've had a few instances here and there when things didn't arrive when they were scheduled. For a while they were labeling some shipments as "Guaranteed delivery". Those were using the postal service and frequently missed their date. In those cases I believe that "guaranteed" meant that Amazon got refunds on at least part of the shipping fees. The postal service took to putting ridiculous reasons why the package was undelivered to avoid paying the penalties. More recently, Amazon has been expanding their own delivery services and in our area they've definitely had growing pains. I've frequently seen deliveries go from "on truck to be delivered by 8:00 PM" to "there was a problem, delivery to be rescheduled". I think that they are working those problems out though, as I haven't had any problems in the last two months.

Fire708

• Shelton!
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 12:46:56 AM »

In the last year I’ve had a couple items not arrive in two days. Both were not sold by amazon but were prime items with two day shipping. All of my sold by or serviced by amazon items have arrived in two days. I do live about an hour from Seattle so I think that helps  ;D

Chris__M

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
    • Food Adventure
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 04:47:58 AM »

My delivery last week was a complete shambles.

On Thursday, I had ordered some items for a Prime delivery on Friday. I had specified an Amazon locker delivery, as I was going to be in and out during the day, and the lockers are only 15 minutes walk away.

On Friday, I checked the order a few times during the day, to see if they had been delivered to the locker yet. They didn't turn up.

On Saturday, I got an email saying that the "Amazon Locker Artery is not accessible", and "We'll try to deliver your order on the next working day (Monday to Saturday)." So an order placed Thursday for delivery Friday was now going to be Monday.

Amazon were unable to improve the delivery or change the delivery address to my home. However, I discovered that if I created a new order for the same items for delivery to my home, they would deliver on Sunday. This I did; unfortunately, one of the items was now out of stock.

My second order arrived, next-day, on Sunday. On Monday, I was told that the first order had been despatched. It was available at the Lockers on Tuesday and is currently waiting there for the delivery to time-out and for Amazon to collect it again for a credit.

I made a complaint to them about it and got the usual apology and an extension of 30 days to my Amazon Prime subscription. It is always worth complaining of any delivery problems, as this is their standard response.

All in all, I am satisfied with how they handled it, after the fact, but at the time it was frustrating. The items themselves were minor but were needed to complete a bigger project that I wanted to work on over that weekend.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 04:50:29 AM by Chris__M »
Chris LG FS Legacy 1200, GMG Davy Crockett, OnlyFire Tabletop Pellet Grill, Weber Smokey Joe, ProQ Cold Smoking Cabinet

Osborn Cox

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 08:12:15 AM »

I have had nothing but positive experiences using Prime services, and while they have not delivered on-time 100% of the time, my orders have arrived earlier than expected more often than late.    I have had issues with orders/deliveries that are not sold and shipped by Amazon, so I now rarely buy anything that is not fulfilled by Amazon, it just mucks up the sales/delivery/returns process.     I do truly try to find most everything locally before ordering, but it is getting increasingly hard to try to keep your money local.
Cookshack PG1000, GMG Jim Bowie Prime, Traeger Lil Tex(retired), Blackstone Griddle

Gringo

• Using less gas.
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 08:48:14 AM »

I'm sorry you're having these issues.  But, so far, Amazon has done everything right for me.  But we have a new distribution center near us now so that could be why.
Lakeville, MN MemphisPro Weber Performer Blackstone 36" Griddle

Dadof5boys

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 09:06:34 AM »

We live near TWO Amazon distribution centers and mostly all is well, BUT we've had a few bad experiences with shipping times not meeting expectations.  We call Amazon and I must say they have customer service down to a science.  For one of those items they told my wife to go find the item locally and they will pay for it, then said they are going to give us an extra $50 for our trouble.  IMHO I think it has more to do with the delivery service than Amazon.  I would suggests always calling them first with issues. 

They now hire independent contractors to deliver packages so they can go around USPS and UPS.  Here's an article in today's paper about it. 

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article180929426.html

Greg1

• Using less gas.
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 09:55:50 AM »

I just have had my first issue with delivery.  Apparently my package has been lost in transport.  They have refunded my payment, now I have to find a replacement for what I ordered.  With the way my luck runs as soon as I order a replacement the missing package will be found and delivered. 
Louisiana LG900 Traeger Texas Elite 34 Big Horn SRPG 1093

texasbrew

• Using less gas.
  • Atascocita, Tx
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 10:01:20 AM »

I used to be a Prime member but got tired of dealing with Amazon Logistics.  They were attempting to send out folks in plain cars with what appeared to be minimum training.  I once had Amazon Logistics put some gas trimmer parts in my mailbox that the US Postal Service picked up and then proceeded to charge me postage for the parts (so I kinda got charged twice for shipping Prime and US Postal). 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up