Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battling Amazon  (Read 1892 times)

dk117

Re: Battling Amazon
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 10:10:20 AM »

I have made 131 orders this year, and I can't think of one that was not delivered within the time that they said it would be delivered.  Not all items are available for 2 day prime delivery especially if they are not fulfilled by Amazon direct.  But, when you place the order, they tell you when they commit to deliver.  They have never missed that date for me.
131 WOW, just 51 orders in 2017 for me.   And the delivery guy is here once or twice a week.   I work from home, order from Amazon, feeling a little bit of a shut-in.   Amazon has always delivered for me.  Saves a lot of hassle and provides the exact product I'm looking for.

DK

rklontz

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 10:12:51 AM »

Right there with you. It has gotten real bad since the first of the year.
The last 6 orders i have placed through Amazon have all shipped out a day or 2 after the 2 day shipping time period. It was not a carrier issue.

I would almost understand if the fullfilment center they were coming from was across the country but all orders showed in stock and shipped from the center 25 miles from my house.
As for customer service it pretty much was the equivalent of "it sucks to be you heres a $5 gift card".

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 10:41:30 AM »

I have ordered 3 items as of late..All came in on time.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2017, 11:22:12 AM »

Right after I finish posting in this thread I'll place an Amazon order.  I don't want to do business with them, I should support local businesses, but the product I buy twice a year is no longer available in my Metropolitan Statistical Area of a million people.  It's like picking my nose—I know I shouldn't do it, I don't want to do it, but I do it.

Having said that—my semi-annual order is never a rush order.  The case of four gallons arrives without an issue in less than a week and I'm satisfied but feeling guilty.  I'll probably always be a satisfied/happy Amazon customer but I'll never be a loyal customer.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

elenis

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2017, 11:57:26 AM »

The only orders that seem to get delivery delays that I get from Amazon all seem to be issues with USPS. The other services seem to get them to me on time.
Mak 2 Star General #1799

TLK

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2017, 12:10:18 PM »

I am not a regular user of Amazon.  Seems they are always running a trial for amazon prime so why buy the cow when the milk is for free?
YS640 Silver Spring, MD  Happy Wife - Happy Life!

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2017, 01:14:44 PM »

I am not a regular user of Amazon.  Seems they are always running a trial for amazon prime so why buy the cow when the milk is for free?

So you can get the Prime credit card and save 5% on every purchase.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

lamrith

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2017, 01:19:01 PM »

Is it just me or has anyone else send a huge drop in Amazon's customer service in the last 12 months?

I've been a 'prime' member since its inception and ws a happy camper until about a year ago.
There's very little I buy without the 2 day prime delivery (and I'm a very patient guy), but 2 days is 2 days. Not 4-6 with a delivery that was never made.

My problems have gotten worse in the last 3 months. Is Amazon spending too much on marketing and forgetting their base? Tie this back to the Traeger buyout post.  Don't get me wrong, I love Amazon. BUT... I expect to get what I pay for. It's not too much to ask is it?

Anyone else feeling my pain?
I have noticed a drop in their delivery quality since they started their own delivery service.  Not sure if they do it nationally but here in WA they had/have their own fleet of trucks.  I was noticing rather than 2 day delivery I was getting 3 and 4 day or they would attempt to deliver to my work @ 7pm at night.  I emailed them and let them know I had seen a significant drop off in quality of service.  Sitting here now I am realizing that here at work we are not seeing the amazon delivery drivers much at all, but we get Amazon shipments daily for work...  Maybe they are cutting back on that program realizing it was not a good plan?

That said  use prime all the time, at least once a week if not more and so does my family.  Love to support local stores, but gets to be a point I am not going to spend $20 for a sports water bottle when amazon has it for $7.50 and 2 day shipping, and with local distribution center I am still supporting local economy.  One of my co-workers has 2 sons that work for Amazon in the local center.

AnyExcuse2Q

• Using less gas.
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2017, 04:05:10 PM »

Is it just me or has anyone else send a huge drop in Amazon's customer service in the last 12 months?

I've been a 'prime' member since its inception and ws a happy camper until about a year ago.
There's very little I buy without the 2 day prime delivery (and I'm a very patient guy), but 2 days is 2 days. Not 4-6 with a delivery that was never made.

My problems have gotten worse in the last 3 months. Is Amazon spending too much on marketing and forgetting their base? Tie this back to the Traeger buyout post.  Don't get me wrong, I love Amazon. BUT... I expect to get what I pay for. It's not too much to ask is it?

Anyone else feeling my pain?
I have noticed a drop in their delivery quality since they started their own delivery service.  Not sure if they do it nationally but here in WA they had/have their own fleet of trucks.  I was noticing rather than 2 day delivery I was getting 3 and 4 day or they would attempt to deliver to my work @ 7pm at night.  I emailed them and let them know I had seen a significant drop off in quality of service.  Sitting here now I am realizing that here at work we are not seeing the amazon delivery drivers much at all, but we get Amazon shipments daily for work...  Maybe they are cutting back on that program realizing it was not a good plan?

That said  use prime all the time, at least once a week if not more and so does my family.  Love to support local stores, but gets to be a point I am not going to spend $20 for a sports water bottle when amazon has it for $7.50 and 2 day shipping, and with local distribution center I am still supporting local economy.  One of my co-workers has 2 sons that work for Amazon in the local center.

Exactly this.  I used to have problems with USPS, but they've gotten better.  Rarely had issues with FedEx or UPS. Meanwhile, Amazon's own delivery folks have started recently, and they seem to be overloaded, with shipments not shipping when promised, attempting delivery to a business at 9pm, or a couple of times being "Out for delivery" and never showing up, only to be "out for delivery" again the next day.
Traeger Pro 34

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2017, 07:26:54 PM »

My issues have been multiple. Ironically the USPS seems to be the more competent carrier for me. I can only recall one delivery from an 'Amazon' carrier and it was botched.

The most recent debacle involved 2 shipments scheduled to arrive the same day (both via UPS). Got home on a Friday to discover no delivery and a note on the door stating they would try again the next business day. 'Please note on the back how you want the delivery handled (leave at door/neighbor/etc.). Please leave at door. The following Monday, no packages and the note still on the door. So I hop on the WWW, only to find out the packages were taken to a drop box 10 miles away and were ready for pickup. What the...? >:(  My time is very valuable, and a 1 hr round trip was worth more than the products.

I finally got ahold of Amazon and got the usual canned response. So sorry, bla, bla, bla. In one case, it was 4 bags of Frito scoops. I told them they were never delivered and asked for a refund. I got a refund for 1 bag.  ::) The other order was a bit different. After the initial contact and the subsequent bla, bla, bla, I further explained the situation. I was refunded the entire amount for all the items, and they were re-shipped at no charge. Because you never get the same person when going back and forth with c/s, you get all kinds of results. Shame on Amazon. I let go of the missing credit for the 3 bags of chips as I feel they did what was right on the other order (more so even).

My point was/is, this is an ongoing issue for me, and it's getting exponentially worse. It's not my location (3 miles from SeaTac). They offer a ton of stuff with same day delivery to my local. Safeway is a mile away, and Fred Myers is 3. I can get a BOAT load of stuff within minutes (as I stated in my last e-mail to them).

Thanks for all the replies as it seems I'm not a target. A hiccup now and then can be expected. Dreading placing another order isn't good business for anyone.

In parting, I was told that I'd be given a contact phone number for any future issues. I responded that that would be great because I'd likely be needing it for every other purchase at this rate. The crickets are still chirping...

Anyone have an actual phone number that werks?

Thanks again.

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2017, 07:58:11 PM »

Prime has been failing me more and more.  I have traced it to a particular fullfillment center in Eastpoint, GA.  Most of the stuff I order that goes through this center will be a day or two late. 

A neighbor of mine was sitting out one evening a little before 7 PM waiting for a delivery.  I asked him to check to see where the last location was.  It was Eastpoint.  I told him to not wait because it would not be here today.  He paid extra to have it delivered that day.  He got it the next day.
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

jdmessner

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Evart, MI
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2017, 08:37:21 PM »

I ordered 2 auger motors from Amazon Prime. The order came in on time, but the fans were broken on both motors. Not sure if that is an Amazon thing or a Traeger thing.
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

GregW

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2017, 09:12:47 PM »

My Amazon experience has been in decline since they started using USPS for deliveries.
USPS has improved over time, but they are still a risky way to have a package shipped. As long as I don't really need the item to be delivered on the promised day they are ok. If it's something I really need, it can be frustrating. Sometimes I can see that the package hit the main postal hub only to be diverted to a post office in another town 50 miles away. When this happens, it turns a 2 day delivery into a 4 day.

The thing is, I would gladly pay extra to avoid the USPS deliveries, but I don't see any way to do it. USPS even handles a lot of the next day deliveries also.

I also dislike the Amazon add on program. This makes it practically impossible to purchase a small item that I might need. I can understand it to a point, but not letting me buy the cheap item and pay extra to have it shipped is unacceptable.

The key to customer service with Amazon is to know the direct phone number to customer service when there is a problem. The phone agents really do a good job fixing issues to my satisfaction.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 09:17:10 PM by GregW »

MN-Smoker

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2017, 09:28:06 PM »

No issues here.
Firecraft Q-450 Broilmaster Superb Gasser
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up