Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by mrtune on 27 Oct 2017
  • Just wondering what some of you do with your left over pulled pork? I usually just freeze it and then have pulled pork sandwich's again later on. Have any good recipe's using left overs?  I am thinking about trying some in baked beans or something.
  • #2 by TLK on 27 Oct 2017
  • I portion them out in vacuum sealed bags so kids can reheat during the week for easy meal.
  • #3 by hughver on 27 Oct 2017
  • I use it for Posole, among other things.
  • #4 by imahawki on 27 Oct 2017
  • 1) BBQ Pizza - use the flatbread for crust and use BBQ sauce instead of pizza sauce/marinara.  Onions, and peppers make good toppings too.  Mozzarella or get creative with the cheese like a Mexican blend.

2) Pulled pork tacos - this is probably my favorite because I heat it up in a fry pan which makes it not get mushy.

3) Chili - just did this for the first time for food day at work today.  I'll let you know how it goes over.  I worry that the kind of stringy texture could put people off but it tasted good when I was putting it together last night.
  • #5 by Free Mr. Tony on 27 Oct 2017
  • Nachos, quesadillas, Cubans for mains

Beans, Brunswick stew, for sides.
  • #6 by jdmessner on 27 Oct 2017
  • I love having left over pulled pork in the freezer. I take a chunk out and mix it with most anything. It's good on a salad, scrambled eggs, wraps, stir fry, very versitile. Got to love heat and serve!
  • #7 by pz on 27 Oct 2017
  • I'm like most that have replied to this topic - in addition, I like adding PP to hash browns and topped with an over easy egg for breakfast.
  • #8 by mrtune on 27 Oct 2017
  • It all sounds GREAT!! Thanks guys!!! :clap:
  • #9 by bregent on 27 Oct 2017
  • Yup, it's a really versatile leftover. One of our favorite uses is in garlic noodles:

Ingredients:
    24 oz fresh Chinese yellow egg noodles
    1 heaping tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese Water, for boiling the noodles
    Garlic Sauce:
    3/4 stick unsalted butter
    2 heaping tablespoons minced garlic, or more to taste
    3 tablespoon oyster sauce*
    1/4 tsp MSG*
    1 tablespoon fish sauce
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1/2 tsp sesame oil
    2 tablespoon green onions, chopped
    Any type of meat

Method:
    Prepare the garlic sauce using a sauté pan on medium to low heat. Add the butter into the pan and when it melts, add the garlic and sauté until aromatic but not browned. Add all the seasonings into the pan, stir to combine well. 
    Heat up a pot of salted water until boiling. Add the noodles into the boiling water and cook the noodles until al dente, or for a few minutes. You can taste the texture of the noodles while cooking. Do not overcook as the noodles will turn soggy. Transfer the noodles out and drain dry.
    To serve, just toss all the noodles with the garlic sauce. Add the meat and cheese, toss to combine well. Serve immediately.
  • #10 by imahawki on 27 Oct 2017
  • 3) Chili - just did this for the first time for food day at work today.  I'll let you know how it goes over.  I worry that the kind of stringy texture could put people off but it tasted good when I was putting it together last night.

Well, I should not have feared.  My chili was demolished by my coworkers.  Thumbs up all around.   :cool:
  • #11 by Greg1 on 27 Oct 2017
  • Pulled pork tacos, it doesn't get a whole lot better then that!!!!
  • #12 by urnmor on 27 Oct 2017
  • Goes great with eggs in the morning or even a pulled pork sandwich with egg and cheese :clap:
  • #13 by Gringo on 27 Oct 2017
  • Pulled pork and eggs breakfast burrito smothered in Chili Verde.  Yum...
  • #14 by dk117 on 27 Oct 2017
  • I'm late to the game.   Here's another vote for eggs over easy on top of pulled pork and pulled pork tacos. 

DK
    • dk117
  • #15 by Quadman750 on 27 Oct 2017
  • I like it for pulled pork pizza with carmalized onions.
Pages:
Actions