Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by imahawki on 27 Oct 2017

• #2 by Craig in Indy on 28 Oct 2017
  • I'm not seeing any content in your post. Did you leave it empty, or is my computer acting up?
  • #3 by ksupaul on 29 Oct 2017
  • I think there were pictures that didn't load. Too bad because this sounds great!!
  • #4 by imahawki on 01 Nov 2017
  • Hmm, I can see my 3 photos.  I uploaded them to the forum directly from my cell phone.  Not sure what is wrong.
  • #5 by pmillen on 01 Nov 2017
  • I, too, have been waiting for the photos.

But I'll just ask my question without waiting any longer.  Can you taste the smoke?
  • #6 by bproffer on 01 Nov 2017
  • Here are your pictures...When you link pictures you need to use the image tags.

• #7 by pmillen on 01 Nov 2017
  • Photographs aren't visible for me, bproffer.  I wonder what's going on.

I've opted to not use PF image hosting.  I still use the old image codes.  In that way my photographs stay as part of quoted material.  When I quote someone and I want their photograph to accompany the quote, I capture their photograph and post it in my comments.  All of this is old technology but I can rely on it.  I can't rely on PF-hosted photographs acting the way I want them to.

It's just my preference.
  • #8 by bproffer on 01 Nov 2017
  • Odd. I found the links when I was looking at the HTML code. The pictures are hosted on on a home theater website. I think I know the issue though. The pictures are saved as attachments on the home theater website, so they dont have a valid extension to share with the img tags. I downloaded them and uploaded them below.
  • #9 by bproffer on 01 Nov 2017
  • try this
  • #10 by pmillen on 01 Nov 2017
  • Bingo!
  • #11 by Bentley on 01 Nov 2017
  • Burgoo...
  • #12 by imahawki on 01 Nov 2017
  • Thanks for the help with the photos. 

And yes, you could definitely taste the smoke, and the sweet and spice of the original rub too.  It was really good.  I' have another probably 3qts in a vacuum sealed back in the freezer at home.
  • #13 by pmillen on 01 Nov 2017
  • It looks really good.  It doesn't look anything like my chili (which is more like chili flavored soup).  Please consider posting the recipe.
  • #14 by imahawki on 01 Nov 2017
  • Pulled pork was leftover from a previous cook but how I do mine is trim down the fat, rub with yellow mustard to help rub adhere. I use EAT Barbecue Zero to Hero. Smoke at 225 -250 for 90-120 minutes per pound. Rest at least 1 hour and then shred.

For the chili:

1 large onion
    2 red peppers
    3-5 jalapeños
    2-3 cloves garlic
    Course chop all vegetables and start to sauté in olive oil in a large pot.

Add ~2lbs shredded pork

Add
    2 30oz cans of Mrs Grimes Chili Beans including sauce
    2 30oz cans hunts tomato sauce
    16oz tomato juice. I use homemade that has other veggies including hot peppers. If I don’t have that I would probably use spicy V8

Add cayenne and chili powder to taste.

Simmer and then eat.
  • #15 by pmillen on 01 Nov 2017
  • Zowie!
Pages:
Actions