Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Hoosier Daddy on 28 Oct 2017
  • My local Kroger had packages of big chicken legs on sale so I bought a package of twelve.  Put them in a bowl, rubbed in olive oil then sprinkled in some John Henry's Pecan Rub mixed with Rec Tec's Screaming Pig rub. Got them on now at 190dg and after an hour going to raise temp to 375dg until done.

Never done chicken on the Rec Tec before so hoping they turn out well.  I'm gonna start doing some poultry in preparation for the Thanksgiving turkey I'm gonna do. 

Will try to post a pic when they're done.

Dan
  • #2 by Canadian John on 28 Oct 2017
  •  Sounds good. Just don't overcook them. After smoking for an hour they won't take long @ 375º..Perhaps 10 to 15 minuets.   Try removing @ 155º,cover and rest.They will be OK - juicy too..Let us know how they were please.
  • #3 by hughver on 28 Oct 2017
  • I purchased these a while back and they work great
  • #4 by GrillinGlen on 28 Oct 2017
  • sounds good, if you don't already try brining them next time.  I brine all my poultry and am really sold on it. 
  • #5 by Hoosier Daddy on 28 Oct 2017
  • I purchased these a while back and they work great

That's the way I'm doing them.  Even using the same chicken leg holder. 

They turned out great.  Cooked them to 180dg internal and very juicy.  That Screaming Pig rub is too hot for my tastes though.  Next time I'll use something with less kick.  Maybe just the pecan rub. 

Dan
Pages:
Actions