- 1 (1.7%)
- 2 (3.4%)
More than 8
- 1 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 29 Oct 2017
  • Another thread got me to wondering how many folks out there own multiple pits and I love polls.  If you feel like it, tell us why you own more than one and what you do with your multiple pits.
  • #2 by Maineac on 29 Oct 2017
  • I think it's great to be able to have a pellet, gas, and charcoal cooker.  And an electric smoker fills that low temperature niche.  Through most of my life I had one cooker; it was either charcoal or gas.  Since I retired I've increased my cooker potential some.

Used for but not limited to -
    MAK - Low and slow - briskets, butts, roasts, and especially meatloaves
    Weber Performer - All chicken cooks, parts and whole birds rotissed, steaks
    Weber Spirit - Fast cooks like burgers and hot dogs, messy cooks like sausage and bacon, and pizza
    Weber Jumbo Joe - Performer's predecessor, rarely used now
    Bradley OBS - Smoke seafood only, salmon and mussels
    MES 30 - Smoke sausages and jerky

• #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Oct 2017
  • Memphis Elite - low and slow especially ribs
    MAK 2 Star - jerky and cheese smoker and multi purpose
    Blazn Gridiron - chicken wings only
    Traeger XL - not used for a few years, but will probably become part of the chicken wing and jerky arsenal
    Weber Spirit - not used for about 5 years, but recently became my griddle grill

I am leaning toward getting a Camp Chef griddle/grill and at that time may sell my Blazn and Weber.
  • #4 by Bentley on 29 Oct 2017
  • BBQ Competitions.
  • #5 by pmillen on 29 Oct 2017
  • I answered 3 even though the Original Bradley Smoker is rarely used and the Pit Barrel Cooker is probably really not a smoker.

I also have two Weber kettles (22-inch and Smokey Joe) and a Broilmaster gas grill.  Now I'm jonesin' for a 48-inch Assassin charcoal grill/smoker.  Marcia thinks I'm obsessive.  I'm going to show her the preceding posts to prove that mine is a mild case.
  • #6 by reubenray on 29 Oct 2017
  • I answered "2", but I then remembered the small charcoal Weber Silver that I keep in the motorhome.
  • #7 by GREG-B on 29 Oct 2017
  • I answered 3, but I too forgot about the weber kettle I keep in the barn to create small batches of lump charcoal.
  • #8 by mowin on 29 Oct 2017
  • GMG Daniel Boone.   Anything low and slow.

Masterbuilt dual fuel.  Did the mailbox mod and it's mainly used as a cold smoke cabinet.

Bubba grills 250 gal reverse flow stick burner.  My whole hog smoker, have been known to fire it up for a couple burgers. 
  • #9 by Pabaird on 29 Oct 2017
  • I have a 2010 Traeger07E with Savannah stoker that i use for small low and slow meats as well as hot and fast for grilling.

I hace a 2015 FEC 120 that Larry helped me get about a month before the royal. And then i have a stick burner that my dad and i built about 15 years ago that's big enough to hold a side of beef and still have room to spare. I havent fired this rig in about 10 years but i keep it around for mainly sentimental reasons.
  • #10 by Lothar1974 on 29 Oct 2017
  • Memphis Elite for all Q.

MES40 Gen 1 - for sausage & jerky

MES40 Gen 2 - for sausage & jerky
  • #11 by triplebq on 29 Oct 2017
  • I messed up. I thought it was for pellet units only. Poor reading on my part.

Cookshack FEC-120 - for my big cooks
    Cookshack CB036 - for grilling
    Blaz'n Grid Iron - for normal cooks
    Orion Smoker - Love wings on this thing
  • #12 by Kristin Meredith on 30 Oct 2017
  • You can change an answer on a poll
  • #13 by rwalters on 30 Oct 2017
  • Currently down to 2. Our new backyard just ain't big enough. But, the 2 I do have meet our needs quite well
    MAK 2 Star
    Weber 26.75 kettle w/ SnS and Vortex
  • #14 by Free Mr. Tony on 30 Oct 2017
  • I have 4 cookers, and pretty much use them all for the same stuff. Some are better than others for certain tasks, but mainly I think it's just whatever mood I'm in. Time also is a factor. The pellet cooker and drum are much faster to fire up and be cooking over the cabinet or egg.

I do think there is some value in knowing how to use different cookers. People ask me all sorts of questions because they know I'm into cooking. It comes in handy to have used almost all types of cookers. And not just grills and smokers.

I had a sous vide cooker just to introduce myself with the process. I didn't love it and returned it, but I can now speak at least somewhat informed on the subject. I have an indoor grill on an oven with open burners, and tell anyone that asks how much I love open burners. I use a pasta roller to make pasta and crackers. I don't even really like sausage that much, but I wanted to know how to make it so I bought all the equipment. Turns out, that I love making sausage, and can pass info along to others that think they may as well.

Point is, that I like to know what I'm doing in any cooking situation that may pop up.
  • #15 by Hoosier Daddy on 30 Oct 2017
  • I own four.  However, since I got my Rec Tec pellet smoker I rarely use anything else.  I do use my Weber 26"Kettle for steaks.  Haven't used my Weber gasser nor my WSM since I got the pellet pit. 

Love my pellet smoker.  If I choose to sit out on the patio, drink some suds and watch the smoke come out I can, however, the pellet pit doesn't require it.  Love that freedom. 

Dan
Pages:
Actions