Poll: How many pellet pit/smoker (just pellet, no others) do you own?

- 59 (51.8%)
- 31 (27.2%)
- 15 (13.2%)
- 6 (5.3%)
- 1 (0.9%)
more than 5
- 2 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 29 Oct 2017
  • Now for a poll just dedicated to the number of pellet pits/smokers you own.  Again, if you have multiples, why?
  • #2 by yorkdude on 29 Oct 2017
  • 2GMG Daniel Boones  and a Traeger 44 magnum which is just an 075.
    GMG ' s bought one new and rehabbed the other from a Craigslist "tip over find" . Bent the hopper a little bit and since been taken care of. I had the Traeger 1st.
  • #3 by Bentley on 29 Oct 2017
  • Competitions.
  • #4 by silverbullet on 29 Oct 2017
  • The GMG DC gets most of the attention because I'm mostly cooking for 2. Thought the GMG JB would get more use but for the most part it sits.
  • #5 by GrillinGlen on 29 Oct 2017
  • #2 is a GMG DC that i got to have a portable unit, still in the box LOL
  • #6 by Greg1 on 29 Oct 2017
  • The main reason I have 3 is they were just too good of a deal on Craigslist.
  • #7 by Free Mr. Tony on 29 Oct 2017
  • Had 2 at one point. Figured I'd use both more, and just didn't. Thats why the pg500 went to my brother in law.
  • #8 by hughver on 29 Oct 2017
  • I use the DC for every day small cooks and the Traeger Select for larger requirements.
  • #9 by kingrude1 on 29 Oct 2017
  • One just seemed to lead to another for me. Got the Pellet Pro, liked the unit and pellet cooking so much I decided that I was ready to get something a little sturdier and higher up the food chain, which lead me to the Blazn Gridiron. Enjoyed both units, but seemed I needed a bigger unit to cover for my functions I was hosting, which lead me to the CS Super Hog. Well the GMG Davy Crockett just seemed like too good of a deal to pass up and filled the portable unit that I didn't own.
  • #10 by reubenray on 29 Oct 2017
  • I have two smokers.  The Traeger Junior has the tailgate kit on it.  It stays in the motorhome and I use it on trips.  The GMG Daniel Boone is for my home base.
  • #11 by Lothar1974 on 29 Oct 2017
  • Just the Memphis Elite. But what else would I need? Plus the garage can't fit anything else  :)
  • #12 by rwalters on 30 Oct 2017
  • One pellet muncher...my MAK 2 Star.   We get along quite well... it may not be that way if I were to start cheating on her ;-)
  • #13 by Brushpopper on 30 Oct 2017
  • Tailgater was a gift from a friend.  Love/hate relationship with it, but we're on better terms since the Ortech and mounting it on the cart.  I guess now I could call it a Junior since the legs are off.  I only use it when I am cooking two things at different temps and cook times.
    GMG DB was a Craigslist find and too cheap to pass up.  Had to put in a new controller and hopper fan and now it's my go to for everything. 
  • #14 by yorkdude on 30 Oct 2017
  • Competitions.
    If you are asking me (not sure?) sadly I have not. In all honesty I am rarely overwhelmed with what I cook. I love doing it, spent lots of money, tried lots of things, pleased many, learned lots, still play, all while "doing it". I have had a few opportunities to help-participate, just never have. Having said that, my Son in law who happens to be a "tell it like it us" guy tells me often that I am too hard on myself. He did buy a GMG as a result, I can say that I am a touch better but like him I just like to eat, so I do.
  • #15 by Bentley on 30 Oct 2017
  • I was saying we have 3 for competitions. 

But after hearing what you had to say, you definitely need to come cook with us in Kansas City for the 2018 American Royal!
Pages:
Actions