Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 29 Oct 2017
  • We are exclusively a turkey eating family at Thanksgiving.  Bent does the bird on the Memphis Pro and has started to spatchcock it for cooking.  I realize it cooks better spatchcocked and is easier to carve, but no drippings for gravy :(

Is your family a turkey only family?
  • #2 by Mudflap on 29 Oct 2017
  • Only meat on the Thanksgiving day table is turkey... per the wife...She is very traditional on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve (BLT's).

All other occasions we mix it up some.

Mudflap
  • #3 by dk117 on 29 Oct 2017
  • With  over 20 people we’ll have a shrimp ring, stuffing with Dungeness crab, a small ham and then yes lots of turkey.   While I’m all about the turkey the variety means all are thankful.

DK
    • dk117
  • #4 by silverbullet on 29 Oct 2017
  • No turkey in this house. Wife doesn't care for it so I don't cook it.
  • #5 by GrillinGlen on 29 Oct 2017
  • usually have thanksgiving at my SILs house, i usually bring the turkey and they usually have a pork roast and roasted leg of lamb.
  • #6 by Greg1 on 29 Oct 2017
  • We are not a turkey family, we will either do a brisket flat or pork loins for lunch. 
  • #7 by MP09 on 29 Oct 2017
  • 2 turkeys are always the order. Gotta love the leftovers...
  • #8 by yorkdude on 29 Oct 2017
  • Traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Oven roasted, although I have experimented many times. It was mostly successful but my wife is in charge of the Thanksgiving dinner, traditional and delicious.  I enjoy all the bounties. Christmas is different though, it has been for 30 years, Dungeness crab (if fresh) or king crab, standing rib roast and Fettucine. It is pretty darn good. It is horribly hard to find good crab here, Kansas, go figure. My brother in law recently retired from Boeing, spent half of every year in Seattle, he was in charge of the crab. Whatever he fetched, we ate.
  • #9 by DaisyCutter on 29 Oct 2017
  • We are exclusively a turkey eating family at Thanksgiving.  Bent does the bird on the Memphis Pro and has started to spatchcock it for cooking.  I realize it cooks better spatchcocked and is easier to carve, but no drippings for gravy :(

Is your family a turkey only family?

Definitely a Turkey family. You could always throw a Turkey breast into an aluminum pan for drippings on the Memphis. When I do mine in the over I use the Reynolds turkey bag and it works out great, keeps the juice in and you have a ton of drippings. I'm getting hungry thinking about it. Nothing beats Turkey gravy and mashed taters...
Pages:
Actions