Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by hughver on 29 Oct 2017
  • Pulled pork is by far the best thing that I cook on the pellet smokers. I normally eat it without any sauce and just enjoy the smoky goodness of the pork. However, I'm going to be serving it to a group this weekend and other than BBQ, what other sauce might I make available that goes good with pulled pork?  :-\
  • #2 by pmillen on 29 Oct 2017
  • The thread Do You Have a Favorite Commercial BBQ Sauce? might help you choose.
  • #3 by Kristin Meredith on 29 Oct 2017
  • A vinegar sauce or a honey mustard dipping sauce is also good on pork.
  • #4 by Bentley on 29 Oct 2017
  • Apricot jam, mixed with a pear nectar and reduced is very fine with PP.  You can add a touch of Kraft original for the purists!
  • #5 by mo-kid on 29 Oct 2017
  • I like Cattleman's Gold. It never disappoints! Happy smoking!
  • #6 by DMAXNAZ on 29 Oct 2017
  • Bone Suckin Sauce is always good on pulled pork.
  • #7 by Canadian John on 30 Oct 2017
  •  Sweet Baby Rays original.
  • #8 by hughver on 30 Oct 2017
  • Apricot jam, mixed with a pear nectar and reduced is very fine with PP.  You can add a touch of Kraft original for the purists!

Sounds interesting, I think that I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
  • #9 by JoeGrilling on 30 Oct 2017
  • Tiger Sauce and Stubbs Original. 
  • #10 by dk117 on 30 Oct 2017
  • Sweet Baby Rays original.
    Add in half a bottle of Angry Orchard cider, vinegar and pineapple juice, and a dash of soy sauce to taste.    I've never really measured out the amounts but have heard rave reviews on this one and it's now my go-to for pulled pork.

DK

If I had to guess
    1 part SBR
    .3 part cider
    .2 part vinegar
    .1 part pineapple juice
    .1 part soy

Then taste and adjust. 
    • dk117
  • #11 by lamrith on 30 Oct 2017
  • Pulled pork is by far the best thing that I cook on the pellet smokers. I normally eat it without any sauce and just enjoy the smoky goodness of the pork. However, I'm going to be serving it to a group this weekend and other than BBQ, what other sauce might I make available that goes good with pulled pork?  :-\
    In terms of a BBQ sauce we are fans of Sweet Baby rays.  Has a great profile with sweet, tangy and hot.
    I like you enjoy the meat by itself with no sauce, but Sweet baby Rays is always on the table so people can add as desired.

For other ideas consider Cholula, chipotle or other salsa type sauces like you would use in a burritos or tacos.
  • #12 by Clonesmoker on 30 Oct 2017
  • Oklahoma Joe's sauce is one that is on my favorites list now.
  • #13 by bregent on 30 Oct 2017
  • I like a basic vinegar finishing sauce

1 1/2 cup cider vinegar
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/2 cup water
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Preparation:Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for several days, allowing the flavors to blend. Shake before using.
  • #14 by TLK on 30 Oct 2017
  • #15 by Maineac on 30 Oct 2017
  • I would vote for Roxy's.  Everyone that I have introduced it to now uses it for their PP sauce and one guy also uses it on smoked salmon.  You will find it all over the net.  I think it gets better with age.

Roxy's S.C. Mustard Sauce

1 cup apple cider vinegar
    1/2 cup Yellow mustard
    1/4 cup onion finely minced
    2 cloves garlic pureed
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce

Combine ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
    For a smoother sauce, blend on high for a few minutes.
Pages:
Actions