Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Product reccomendation  (Read 621 times)

Free Mr. Tony

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana
Product reccomendation
« on: January 09, 2018, 08:12:11 PM »

Last week at the grocery (Kroger) they had a large quantity of different flavors of marinated turkey tenderloins. They were half off, so I figured I would try one. Not typically a big fan of the pre-marinated meat items. I dug around in the bin for awhile deciding between lemon and garlic, home style,  rotisserie flavor, zesty Italian, or chipotle. I landed on rotisserie, and was pleasantly surprised by the flavor. They were delicious. I cook on a rack until internal was 135 or so, then put in a pan with butter, and covered in foil. When internal hit 158,  I pulled them.

I'm not a leftovers kind of guy, but I made sandwiches with the meat three days in a row. Can't vouch for all the flavors, but the rotisserie hit the spot.

Conumdrum

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love cooking good food for friends and family
Re: Product reccomendation
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 08:52:03 PM »

Processed food. One step from a hot dog.  They can taste good but not like home cooked.  I get it we are all busy and it's part of life. 
Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 09:41:39 PM »

Thank you for taking the time to share!  I think I would have had to take one Chipotle and one Italian...
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 09:43:10 PM »

I read this as marinated raw turkey tenderloins that are ready to be cooked.  Every now and then we find a nice surprise. 
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this product.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:26:35 AM by Darwin »

silverbullet

• I thought my House was Child Proof then one got in
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 10:18:16 PM »

I like these. trouble I don't but them much because my wife doesn't like turkey let alone processed turkey.
Thanks for sharing!
GMG DC Camp Chef WW24

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 10:19:38 PM »

Sounds like something I would like, but then I like hot dogs.  So glad I am not a pretentious food snob.

Also glad that I have the power to just click! and make someone who is a constant irritant disappear -- if I get really irritated.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 10:22:14 PM by Kristin Meredith »

Conumdrum

• I love cooking good food for friends and family
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 11:17:15 PM »

Goodness.  If you would read the bag of whats in them.  Then you would understand.

I eat hot dogs with canned chili no beans.  I eat ramen.  I make canned tuna melts.  I eat just about anything.

I just think you can buy turkey breast, brine and cook them as the same.  We ain't here on this site to buy prepared meat products and cook them.  We cook raw smoked meat to eat. 

Wow, surprised that the masses are mad.  BTW, read the bottom of the blue label on the picture.  Yum....   :cool:

Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 11:51:04 PM »

FMT, as I read your post, this was raw meat, just pre-marinated.  Did I misunderstand?

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 06:32:27 AM »

Yes, it was raw meat, which I think conundrum realizes. For some reason, he just has a burr up his xxx about this particular turkey product. I actually don't recognize the name so not sure how long he/she has been around, but I'm about as long form and from scratch sort of cook there is. If they have read any of my "usual" posts, this is not typical of me. I happened across these, and thought it tasted good. Obviously, I crossed some line in their world, but I guess the world knows it's processed now.  So buyer beware...

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 08:10:06 AM »

Thanks for the recommendation, I for one know your posts are some of the best on here. I also think most things are worth trying and whether or not they are cooked on a pellet grill is not that important. If its the “processing or preservatives” good luck finding all the food you eat without. Thanks for the tip, they do sound good.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 08:41:51 AM »

I will have to look for these. They don't really seemed processed as in hot dog way it says tenderloin which is that little piece in the breast meat that they marinaded. I am usually not a white meat guy but the chipotle one sounds like it may be something I would like

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 01:30:44 PM »

Time for me to leave the site then...

We ain't here on this site to buy prepared meat products and cook them.  We cook raw smoked meat to eat. 
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: [1]   Go Up