Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 31 Oct 2017
  •  Was searching wood pellets and came across "Ol' Hick" cooking pellets by Energex..Has anyone heard about or tried them?  Just curious.
  • #2 by MN-Smoker on 31 Oct 2017
  • I haven't tried them but I have researched their 100% hardwood fuel pellets.

I don't think they have distribution in my area however.

• #3 by wyd on 01 Nov 2017
  • I been using them for about 4 months now and its all i use.  I used Energex for my heating pellets as they always burned the best so as soon as I found the Ol' Hick pellets I bought a bag to try and been using nothing but those ever since.  They burn well in my Louisiana Pellet grill and then I get a 40lb bag for what all the other brands in my area are selling for 20lb bags so its like getting 20lbs free. ;D
  • #4 by MN-Smoker on 01 Nov 2017
  • I been using them for about 4 months now and its all i use.  I used Energex for my heating pellets as they always burned the best so as soon as I found the Ol' Hick pellets I bought a bag to try and been using nothing but those ever since.  They burn well in my Louisiana Pellet grill and then I get a 40lb bag for what all the other brands in my area are selling for 20lb bags so its like getting 20lbs free. ;D

What retailers carry this brand?  Any large chain stores?

• #5 by wyd on 06 Nov 2017
  • I bought my pellets from a Heating company but its not a chain type store. 
  • #6 by wyd on 13 Dec 2017
  • My dasd was sick so I didn't grill for about 6 to 8 weeks but for Thanksgiving I fired up my LG900 and did a 13lb turkey, 9lb bone in ham and 4lbs of Anduillo Sausage.  I used the Ol' Hick Pellets for my whole cook and they burned great for me with my temps staying very steady and the food turned out fantastic.  My parents, friends and relatives where like you did that all on your grill.  I been burning exclusively these Ol Hick pellets 120lbs used so far and it is and will be the pellets of choice until I can't get them no more but until that time I love the way they burn and how good my temps hold with these pellets.
Pages:
Actions