Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by imahawki on 01 Nov 2017
  • Every year around the holidays I end up doing a spiral cut from the Honeybaked Ham Company.  They always say to take it out of the fridge a few hours early and serve it cool/room temp, specifically because warming it will dry it out.  NO one in my family, myself included, wants to eat a cool/cold ham for a big holiday meal.  What do you do to warm it up without drying it out.
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Nov 2017
  • Put the smoker on about 200 degrees and throw the ham on for 30-60 minutes.  I would also put it in a pan with some liquid of your choice and cover it so the moisture stays.  You can always slice and put in the liquid.
  • #3 by Jcorwin818 on 01 Nov 2017
  • I agree.  All the spirals I have done instruct you to heat @ 275 for about 12’ per lb cut side down in a pan and seal with a lid or foil.  Seeing it has to be sealed I always do them in the oven because your not going to add any smoke flavor being sealed.
  • #4 by pmillen on 01 Nov 2017
  • I often re-smoke spiral cut hams.  I throw away the glaze that comes with them and make my own.  Since they're cured ham I let them sit out until they're at room temperature and then smoke them at 275°F to 300°F for 2½ to 3 hours.  I'm looking for 140°F internal.  They never seem to be dry.

I had the recipe with photographs posted on PH.  I'll see what I have in my files and post more if I locate anything worthwhile.
  • #5 by zephyr on 01 Nov 2017
  • Build yourself a Rotisserie for self basting.       .............................................    ZEP
  • #6 by pmillen on 01 Nov 2017
  • I posted my complete recipe here.
  • #7 by pmillen on 01 Nov 2017
  • I'm not very smart about forum protocol.  My previous post was really intended as an answer to the OP's question.  The Moderators should remove it and this one if it's inappropriately hijacking.
  • #8 by Kristin Meredith on 01 Nov 2017
  • Nothing wrong with your responses, I just thought the thread belong in the general discussion.
  • #9 by dk117 on 01 Nov 2017
  • I often re-smoke spiral cut hams.  I throw away the glaze that comes with them and make my own.  Since they're cured ham I let them sit out until they're at room temperature and then smoke them at 275°F to 300°F for 2½ to 3 hours.  I'm looking for 140°F internal.  They never seem to be dry.

I had the recipe with photographs posted on PH.  I'll see what I have in my files and post more if I locate anything worthwhile.
    Big respect for your process, but that glaze that comes with them is pretty fantastic. 

DK
    • dk117
  • #10 by InThePitBBQ on 01 Nov 2017
  • I smoke them again, cut side down in a foil pan with about an inch of pineapple juice in it.

You can use a baster to coat the ham a few times during the process, pineapple and smoke play nicely together.
    • InThePitBBQ
  • #11 by ZCZ on 01 Nov 2017
  • This thread is making me hungry for a spiral cut ham in the near future!
    Z
  • #12 by Quadman750 on 01 Nov 2017
Pages:
Actions