Pages:
Actions
  • #91 by LowSlowJoe on 24 Sep 2017
  • What's the ambient temperature ? Still in the 80s?

160F ~ 165F  is quite good in my book...  whẹn  ambient temperature is 75F or more...  not all pellet grills will do that reliably.

I see in the photos you said 88F ambient... impressive
  • #92 by Bentley on 24 Sep 2017
  • Closer to 90 then 80, 88 today when this stuff was on...

What's the ambient temperature ? Still in the 80s?

160F ~ 165F  is quite good in my book...  whẹn  ambient temperature is 75F or more...  not all pellet grills will do that reliably.
  • #93 by Queball on 25 Sep 2017
  • BURGER GRILLING QUESTION
    ........ "I would venture to say close to a 70/30 mix on the GB.  Sear Box was turned to high for 5 minutes before pattie was put on.  Heat turned to low, Burger added, flip at 4 minutes, after 1 minute turn off burner and melt cheese for 3 minutes.  All cooking done with lid down."

You had the cover closed over the burger while it was cooking? ..... Porque?
    • Queball
  • #94 by Bentley on 25 Sep 2017
  • 14 second video of Ash Clean Out posted.
  • #95 by Bentley on 25 Sep 2017
  • Probably 16 years of pellet cooking habit.  I was thinking as I was doing it, the instructions probably say to always gook with lid up...but I did not read anything after the installation instructions.

You had the cover closed over the burger while it was cooking? ..... Porque?
  • #96 by Bentley on 25 Sep 2017
  • You will have to bear with another cooking day instead of a tech data day.  I "sold" the Pork cook to a member of my Monday AA group, so I wanted to get it to him tonight.  Also, since there has been some discussion of hot n fast cooking method.  I need this by 6pm EDT and it went on at 10am, so it will be cooked the entire time at 350°f.

Prep pictures going in PT thread right now.
  • #97 by pmillen on 25 Sep 2017
  • 14 second video of Ash Clean Out posted.

That's the best ash clean-out.  Hands stay clean.
  • #98 by Bentley on 25 Sep 2017
  • Subjective comment or not...that is the winner for me so far!
  • #99 by Bentley on 25 Sep 2017
  • Testing accuracy of Woodwind Temperature Probe.  I realize one is some what unconventional, but hey, we have a limited budget for research equipment.
  • #100 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Sep 2017
  • Testing accuracy of Woodwind Temperature Probe.  I realize one is some what unconventional, but hey, we have a limited budget for research equipment.

That was good.  I did the same thing a few weeks ago.

I do find that the probes on my MAK run about 3°-5° hotter than my Thermoworks probes.  I need to see if my Memphis has a similar issue.
  • #101 by Bentley on 25 Sep 2017
  • 3 hours into the Pork Picnic cook and the IT is 151°f...any one wanna take a shot on long to 205°?  Will there be a stall with a hot n fast?
  • #102 by Queball on 25 Sep 2017
  • Cookin at 350, I'm thinking you're gonna roar through a stall.
    • Queball
  • #103 by Bentley on 25 Sep 2017
  • The 4 hour mark of the 350°f Hot n Fast cook.  IT is 172°.  The debate is whether to pan and foil or not?

• #104 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Sep 2017
  • I would foil at 160° like normal.  I didn't do that on my first hot and fast and wish I did.
  • #105 by Bentley on 25 Sep 2017
  • We were at 160° 2 1/2 hours ago...Went with full, no pan, and all 350°  I think the bark is going to be different then the dark char bark I am used to on a low n slow...It is 5 1/2 hours in and 200°...gonna let it go till 3:30 then call it quits and see how we did!  Should be real close to 205°!

Real curious how it is going to taste...
Pages:
Actions