Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 28 Apr 2019
  • First cook of 2019.  Had some chuck roasts in the freezer that I decided to thaw and cook.  Didn't even put a rub on the chucks.  Going to make pulled beef.  The one pictured below is in 2 cans of Yuengling, a bag of red enchilada sauce, and a small can of chipotles in adobo.  I'm looking forward to trying that one for dinner tonight.  The picture of the chucks was about 4 hours in at 250 degree set temp.  Also bought some 1/3# burgers at the local grocery store - 4 each of brisket, prime rib, and NY strip.  Put some provolone on a few burgers topped with some homemade chipotle mustard a friend of mine made, and put on a fresh pretzel roll from the bakery in NY where my brother gets his rolls for his business.  Will freeze the leftover burgers in portions to pull out and reheat.  Will freeze the pulled beef too.

• #2 by Bentley on 28 Apr 2019
  • Looks wonderful!
  • #3 by Free Mr. Tony on 28 Apr 2019
  • That one with the enchilada sauce sure sounds good rolled up in some actual enchiladas. Good idea on the mix.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 28 Apr 2019
  • Finished product...the red one was not as spicy as I had hoped but still very good.

• #5 by reubenray on 28 Apr 2019
  • You need to move South.  I have been smoking something just about every two weeks.

Oh yea that looks fantastic.
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 28 Apr 2019
  • and I proved you can get a smoke ring without using a rub.  I'm not sure I will use rub on pork shoulder anymore either.  I have been cooking them the same way I have made these chucks (smoke then roast in liquid and pull in the liquid).  I would add some rub into the final mix for pork though.
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Apr 2019
  • You need to move South.  I have been smoking something just about every two weeks.

Oh yea that looks fantastic.

I lived in the South for 4 years.  I could only cook from October to April as it was too hot the rest of the time. ;D
  • #8 by Canadian John on 29 Apr 2019

•  Nice! An excellent start  for 2019..
  • #9 by triplebq on 29 Apr 2019
  •  :lick: :lick: :lick:
  • #10 by Ralphie on 29 Apr 2019
  • Man that looks good.  I could eat that pulled beef every day.
  • #11 by yorkdude on 29 Apr 2019
  • All good looking, that burger looks awful dang good too, cooked perfect.
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Apr 2019
  • All good looking, that burger looks awful dang good too, cooked perfect.

250° for about an hour
Pages:
Actions