Pages:
Actions
  • #106 by Free Mr. Tony on 26 Apr 2021
  • Canadian bacon is one thing that I love that I rarely have. That looks tasty!
  • #107 by 02ebz06 on 01 May 2021
  • Went with something a little different for topping today, added green olives.
    Had seen a few posts on the PM site where people had used them, and since I like green olives, thought I'd give it a try.
    Turned out very good.  I liked it a lot.
  • #108 by BigDave83 on 01 May 2021
  • Went with something a little different for topping today, added green olives.
    Had seen a few posts on the PM site where people had used them, and since I like green olives, thought I'd give it a try.
    Turned out very good.  I liked it a lot.

Always look forward to the weekend and the pizza pic. That is a perfect circle. I have not had green olives since trying them and not liking them as a kid. I will have to try again. My father loved the things.
  • #109 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 May 2021
  • I am a fan of green olives but don't like black olives.  Not sure I would want them on my pizza though.

I had pepperoni, mushrooms, and jalapenos on a pizza recently for the first time and loved it.  Not sure why it took me so long in life to order one with those 3 toppings on it.
  • #110 by Bentley on 02 May 2021
  • I am the opposite I guess.  I usually want so many things on it I screw it up.  Instead of saying we can only have a small amount of each, I ruin it by putting large amounts of every toping.  Lets see, I want pepperoni, sausage, Canadian bacon and linguica. We move to black olives, mushrooms & onions.  We finish with green peppers, jalapeƱos & garlic all on top of a lovely white sauce.

I never got the Slice with just cheese, or just pepperoni or sausage. To me, that would be like having a hamburger patty between a bun, that's it.
  • #111 by 02ebz06 on 02 May 2021
  • Wouldn't want it all the time, but plain cheese is pretty darn good if you have good cheese.

• #112 by Free Mr. Tony on 02 May 2021
  • I am the opposite I guess.  I usually want so many things on it I screw it up.  Instead of saying we can only have a small amount of each, I ruin it by putting large amounts of every toping.  Lets see, I want pepperoni, sausage, Canadian bacon and linguica. We move to black olives, mushrooms & onions.  We finish with green peppers, jalapeƱos & garlic all on top of a lovely white sauce.

I never got the Slice with just cheese, or just pepperoni or sausage. To me, that would be like having a hamburger patty between a bun, that's it.

Sometimes I just make a fresh ground burger with salt only topped with a slice of american cheese on a toasted bun. Nothing else. Now and again, it's heaven.
  • #113 by Bentley on 02 May 2021
  • Try it with no toast, no salt and no cheese and tell me if it is heaven!    :pig:
  • #114 by 02ebz06 on 08 May 2021
  • Sausage, Onion and Hatch Green Chilies today.
  • #115 by Bentley on 08 May 2021
  • Just a comment.  I said it in the Michigan thread, wanted to reiterate it here.  Buddy's Pizza is the real deal...I was gonna say when it come to Detroit style pizza, but that would not be correct.  It is simply the real deal for pizza.  WOW what a pie!
  • #116 by 02ebz06 on 08 May 2021
  • Just a comment.  I said it in the Michigan thread, wanted to reiterate it here.  Buddy's Pizza is the real deal...I was gonna say when it come to Detroit style pizza, but that would not be correct.  It is simply the real deal for pizza.  WOW what a pie!

Shield's is another well respected place in Detroit area.
    PM forum has a 37 page thread on people trying to duplicate them.

• #117 by Free Mr. Tony on 08 May 2021
  • I've had buddy's and jets as far as true Detroit goes. I slightly prefer jets just from the crunch on the bottom of the crust, but Buddy's is amazing as well.
  • #118 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 May 2021
  • does pizza hut still sell their detroit style they advertised a few months ago
  • #119 by 02ebz06 on 08 May 2021
  • I'm not sure.  I there were a lot of complaints about it not being real "Detroit Style".
  • #120 by Trooper on 10 May 2021
  • Pizza Hut has a "Detroit Style Pizza"?
    Now that really slays me.
    I've had one of the Pizza Hut routines and have had tons of Buddys, Papa Romano's, Loui's,  Jets, Shields, and you name it.
    The pizza Hut imitation is nowhere on the road to comparison with quality/genuine Detroit Style pizza.
    Pizza Hut has a rectangular pizza, deep dish, with their normal sauce, normal toppings, cooked in their normal fashion. And they taste just like any other Pizza Hut pizza.
Pages:
Actions