Pages:
Actions
  • #181 by 02ebz06 on 02 Aug 2021
  • Thanks.  Second one got a little wonky, as it stuck to the peel a little in one spot, but the misshapen crust didn't affect the taste.
  • #182 by bregent on 09 Aug 2021
  • A few 18" pies

Pepperoni
    Mushroom, red onion, pancetta

• #183 by 02ebz06 on 09 Aug 2021
  • Good looking pizzas!  :clap:
    What oven do you cook them in ?
    My pizza stones are 16/x16 and that is about max for my kitchen oven, only 17 something wide and less deep because of the fan at the back.
    And my pizza oven door is only 17" wide,
    Memphis grill is 18" deep but front and back edges would be too hot.
  • #184 by bregent on 09 Aug 2021
  • Thanks. It's an older GE double oven.  I have a 19" round stone on the bottom, and a smaller one on top.
    Here's an older pic with a smaller pie cooking. I've since lowered the bottom stone to the lowest rack which makes it easier to launch. With 2 ovens, I keep one configured for pizza all the time.

I've gotten the same 19" stone to fit on my Memphis by raising it up on 3 Weber flavorizor bars - I'll try to find a pic of that.

• #185 by bregent on 09 Aug 2021
  • Not sure why my oven pic is upside down??

Here's how I have the 19" stone on the Memphis to allow the lid to close

• #186 by 02ebz06 on 09 Aug 2021
  • Thanks for the info and pics.
    You oven is definitely wider than mine.
    My double oven is 11 years old.  Plan on replacing them in a couple years.
    Would like one with steam option (good for making breads) and double doors so you don't have that big door in front of you when it is open.
    Haven't looked yet, but someone must make ovens with double doors.

I use my upper oven mostly for pizza as well, bar pies and thin crust, and bread.  NY and Neapolitan in the pizza oven. Rarely make the Neapolitan though.
    Haven't used the Memphis for pizza's since I got a pizza oven.  My NY pies are 14" and the bar pies and thin/cracker crust are 16".
  • #187 by 02ebz06 on 15 Aug 2021
  • Found time to make pizza after cleaning the chilies yesterday.
    Sausage, Mushroom, and Onions.
    Grated some Pecorino Romano cheese on top.
  • #188 by Free Mr. Tony on 15 Aug 2021
  • Thanks for the info and pics.
    You oven is definitely wider than mine.
    My double oven is 11 years old.  Plan on replacing them in a couple years.
    Would like one with steam option (good for making breads) and double doors so you don't have that big door in front of you when it is open.
    Haven't looked yet, but someone must make ovens with double doors.

I use my upper oven mostly for pizza as well, bar pies and thin crust, and bread.  NY and Neapolitan in the pizza oven. Rarely make the Neapolitan though.
    Haven't used the Memphis for pizza's since I got a pizza oven.  My NY pies are 14" and the bar pies and thin/cracker crust are 16".

I have a Bluestar range with gas oven. I used to have a Bluestar rangetop. I love the Bluestar burners. My gas oven has been a little finicky. They make an electric wall oven with french doors.
  • #189 by 02ebz06 on 15 Aug 2021
  • I have a Bluestar range with gas oven. I used to have a Bluestar rangetop. I love the Bluestar burners. My gas oven has been a little finicky. They make an electric wall oven with french doors.

Thanks, I had never heard of BlueStar before. I will check them out.
  • #190 by Bar-B-Lew on 22 Aug 2021
  • Hoagie pizza

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #191 by 02ebz06 on 23 Aug 2021
  • That looks pretty good. An open faced hoagie.
    I'll bet it takes a bite or two for your brain to adjust to a hoagie with crunchy dough.
  • #192 by 02ebz06 on 23 Aug 2021
  • Made a South Shore Bar Pie Saturday for poker.  It was a hit.
    I'm really liking this style. Guess it's because it's different than the NY style I usually make.

• #193 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Aug 2021
  • That looks pretty good. An open faced hoagie.
    I'll bet it takes a bite or two for your brain to adjust to a hoagie with crunchy dough.

I've had it several times before.  The pizza shop doesn't always have it available, but when they do I grab a slice or two.  The dough isn't super crunchy.  I am thinking they cook the dough with the meat and cheese on it to a certain state and then pull it out of the oven, let cool, and add the rest of the toppings.  They then reheat when ordered.

I use a knife and fork to get started on it in order to eat it without dumping the toppings all over the place.  Once I get about a third of it eaten, I can usually pick it up and eat like a normal pizza slice (without folding).
  • #194 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Aug 2021
  • Your bar pizzas are looking great.
  • #195 by Bentley on 23 Aug 2021
  • I must put my foot down and say that you simply cannot put lettuce on a pizza!
Pages:
Actions