Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chicken Thighs (Cheated)  (Read 877 times)

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
Chicken Thighs (Cheated)
« on: December 12, 2017, 09:35:01 PM »

Hi all,
I will start a message of admission, this cook cheated a bit.  Yes, it was cooked outside, and yes on a pit, but not a pellet.  I got home from work pretty late, it was sub 30 degrees out, the family was hungry, so did not have time to get my pellet cooker started and to temp.  Used the gasser (sorry).  However, this is a family favorite, which is a great cook on a pellet with direct flame, or grill grates.  I have not contributed pics of cooks for a while, so at least wanted to show this one.  Like I said, also works great with grill grates.  For this cook, I like to use high temps. 

Started with boneless/skinless chicken thighs.  Brushed the thighs with EVOO, and seasoned one side with Penzies Singapore seasoning, and the other with Penzies Bangkok seasoning.  If you do not have those, I am sure any good Thai and Singapore seasonings will work.  Keep in mind both of those Penzies seasonings are salt free.  Not sure if the picture is clear, but I usually give a pretty good seasoning on both sides, one with Singapore and one with Bangkok. 

[ Invalid Attachment ]

As mentioned, I use high heat with the grill grates with this cook.  Depending on the size of the thighs, these were pretty even and medium sized with what I usually get.  I will cook both sides for about 3-4 minutes a side.  After about 3-4 minutes I turn the thighs, with the second side is down on the grates, I brush the top side with a Thai Chili sauce.  Our favorite is Maggi (also pictured), although any good one will do.  The Maggi gives a nice flavor and glaze, but not too much heat.  Once the second side is down for 3-4 minutes, I turn the thighs to get some caramelization on the top, and repeat the process on the bottom side.  After 2-3 minutes, I flip again to get a good caramelization on the second side too.  After 2-3 minutes on the second side is when I pull.  Usually do not have to worry about thighs drying out. 

[ Invalid Attachment ]
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

And the finished plate.  I have some good ideas for the holidays, hope to have pics using the pellet cooker during the holidays. 

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Thanks

triplebq

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • If you are looking you ain't cooking
Re: Chicken Thighs (Cheated)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 09:46:22 PM »

Those thighs look tasty. Nicely done
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 09:53:29 PM »

Those thighs look tasty. Nicely done

+1
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 10:03:02 PM »

Thanks Fellas.....triplebq, I gotta find a way to take pics as good as yours!!  Makes the food taste even better...haha.

ZCZ

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 03:47:49 PM »

Your close-up picture is excellent.  Shows very well how tasty it looks.
Yummmmm.
Z
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

Timbo1010

• Using less gas.
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 05:30:20 PM »

Nicely done  :lick:
Blaz'n Gridiron

Michael_NW

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Battle Ground, WA
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 01:38:40 AM »

Boneless thighs - they're a favorite around our house, as well. The wife likes to buy them processed and like to buy them and process them myself. Either way, those thighs look delicious.
MAK 2 Star #2799 Weber Spirit

MMike

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Having fun!
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 04:57:33 AM »

Great thread here!
My wife much prefers boneless skinless thighs as the flavor does go into the meat better.
Less tricky for to know when they're done too.
Yoder 640s
Pages: [1]   Go Up