Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 16 Apr 2023
  • Was conflicted as to whether I should post this here since Lew already covered it, but since his is a slightly different style I figured what the hey! Right!

They had Bone on Rib Roast here in Mayberry last week for $5.99/lb. I cant remember grade, but as I look at the cut I see USDA Select!  Still, not a bad cut for a sandwich!  Number 3 on the Chef's Choice 610 Slicer!  This is a Manly sandwich (14.6oz.), use whatever works for your size appetite!  Bread was a 3 day old, 2/3 size French Loaf!  Microwaved for 25 seconds then cut.

• #2 by Bentley on 16 Apr 2023
  • I am a White Onion guys for this application!  Sliced on #4 setting and grilled till soft, tender and brown then moved to indirect heat.

• #3 by Bentley on 16 Apr 2023
  • Cook meat about 30 seconds on medium heat and move to indirect heat area.  Once enough is built up, season and start chopping!  I use large putty knife.

• #4 by Bentley on 16 Apr 2023
  • Turn off all heat.  Put cheese of your choice on griddle.  Wait 30 seconds, mix meat and onions, move that to top of meat (sorry no picture) microwave roll for 30 seconds and add beef!  If you use these directions to a T, be very hungry or have a few friends there!

• #5 by 02ebz06 on 17 Apr 2023
  • Where's the Catsup ?  Just kidding.    ;D

Looks good, and fairly simple to make.
    I would split that one with my wife.  I eat about a fourth or less of what I used to eat in my 20's

Since the rolls were 3 days old, did you use them as is, or did toy steam them ?

• #6 by Bentley on 17 Apr 2023
  • Just microwave...
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Apr 2023
  • Nice tutorial and great looking sandwich
  • #8 by yorkdude on 18 Apr 2023
  • Mercy that looks good, we unfortunately cant find good rolls for bread around here. We might be looking in the wrong places.
  • #9 by Bentley on 18 Apr 2023
  • That old french bread did not do that Cheese Steak justice, but it was still heaps good!
Pages:
Actions