Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bentley on 16 Jul 2020
  • Thanks for this.  I am thinking of just buying a $40 one Amazon to see just how long a unit like that would last.  Eyes Wide Open ya know!  I think I will go to the LEM site though.
  • #17 by glitchy on 16 Jul 2020
  • I’ve had super luck so far with this Anova ANVS01 (knock on wood). It runs circles around my old Foodsaver. The only thing weird about it is each side locks down independently. I think that helps it seal better, but you have to unlock both sides to release. It does pulse as well which my Foodsaver didn’t. I don’t know if they do a 15 inch model though.
  • #18 by Bentley on 16 Jul 2020
  • Thank you.  I am hoping to get input from folks who have different models that they are having success with.  I do not use 15 inch much, but it sure is nice to have when you need it!  But they seem to start at about the $300 range and if you want a 900 watt, with double pump you are lookin at $400+ most of the time!

Another consideration is bags.  I liked that the CG would seal just about any bag, it did not have to be ribbed like the foodsaver.  Any special bag requirements for this one?
  • #19 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Jul 2020
  • I think most of them need to have one side of the bag ribbed in order to work properly unless it is one of those submersible machines.
  • #20 by BigDave83 on 16 Jul 2020
  • I bought a Vacmaster Pro380 a year or so ago. They sent me an email with a discount and free ship, and a guy on FB posted a link for $150 off, I got it and 3 rolls of 15" bag material for $200  Once I figured out how to get it adjusted to what I needed it works great, the first couple of times were trying though.

Looks like they replaced the 350 and 380 with a 360.

https://www.vacmasterfresh.com/vacmaster-pro360-vacuum-sealer-with-16-seal-bar/

One of the people in a FB group bought a chamber sealer from here, it is the VacPak it. He got one similar to the VP215 but here is a suction sealer from the same company.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ary-vacmaster-pro-380-external-vacuum-packaging-machine-with-16-seal-bar/120VMA380.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9b_4BRCMARIsADMUIyq5LPJtn-ppfHROf-nxvOnzgd_KuoR0P7mjQmJEBWGsKvoag_rE2LcaAvEMEALw_wcB

I use my chamber sealer far more than the suction machine but as has been said, a 15" wide bag is needed at times.
  • #21 by BigDave83 on 16 Jul 2020
  • Not sure if they still make these or not, I remember watching a video on them a while back, works with just about any bag I think and can do liquids.

https://foodshield-usa.myshopify.com/
  • #22 by W6YJ on 16 Jul 2020
  • After purchasing a FoodSaver from Costco and having intermittent problems getting it to start an automatic cycle, I finally gave up on it and purchased an Avid Amour A100 (~$300).

Day and night. Fully stainless steel versus plastic. About the only thing I don't really like is it does't have a built-in bag cutter.

They also make a chamber sealer (~$600). But if i succumbed to my GAS (gadget acquisition syndrome) and bought one, my wife would likely kill me :<)

So far, so good. Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself....
  • #23 by Bentley on 17 Jul 2020
  • Thanks guys!
  • #24 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Jul 2020
  • #25 by BigDave83 on 17 Jul 2020
  • We just want to see you buy new things so we get those famous videos and reviews.
  • #26 by Bentley on 17 Jul 2020
  • All I keep thinking is...if its to good to be true.  This has to be a rip off?  Will see if they respond to my email.  I am tempted to call American Express and ask what recourse I have if I buy it and it is a scam!
  • #27 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Jul 2020
  • Looks like payment thru paypal so you may have some recourse thru them too
  • #28 by WiPelletHead on 18 Jul 2020
  • I would stay away from it Bentley. They list an address in Ohio but the phone number is in Wisconsin. Paypal does give you protection but it takes a long time. Been down that road.
  • #29 by BigDave83 on 18 Jul 2020
  • I am curious as to how Bentley even found it. If I hit home it shows I can buy planters and pot, shop is the same thing. Search gets me nothing.
  • #30 by WiPelletHead on 18 Jul 2020
  • I've run into things like that on Facebook market place. The one I did order from, their website disappeared the day after I placed the order. I paid with PayPal using my credit card and disputed the charge with both. My CC company canceled right away but it took a long time for PayPal to cancel it. So in the end I didn't loose any thing.
Pages:
Actions