Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blue cheese dipping sauce/salad dressing  (Read 1606 times)

pz

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
    • My recipes
Blue cheese dipping sauce/salad dressing
« on: April 03, 2018, 12:25:22 PM »

This dressing is perfect for wedge salad (I typically do not like salad), or as a dipping sauce for roasted veggies, potato chips, or crackers. It is way better than anything I have ever purchased in the stores. You can adjust any of the ingredients to suit your personal tastes

INGREDIENTS

â€¢ 1/3 cup milk
   â€¢ 1 tsp white vinegar
   â€¢ 5 ounces blue cheese , crumbled - we like to use the Costco Gorgonzola because the price is good
   â€¢ 1/3 cup sour cream
   â€¢ 1/4 cup mayonnaise
   â€¢ 4 tsp white wine vinegar
   â€¢ 1/4 tsp garlic powder
   â€¢ 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
   â€¢ dash of salt

DIRECTIONS
  • In a medium bowl mix milk and 1 tsp white vinegar; let sit for 5 minutes, stir. Add crumbled blue cheese to mixture, and mash with a fork until they are well combined.
  • Add sour cream, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt; mix with fork to combine well.
  • Pour into mason jar or other container and seal tightly. Let set in fridge for at least 4 hours. Remove, stir, and serve on your favorite foods!
PZ

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Blue cheese dipping sauce/salad dressing
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 12:32:20 PM »

Looks good.  Any reason you mixed with a fork versus in a food processor?  I would think the food processor could mix everything good and then add blue cheese at the end.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

pz

• My recipes
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 01:26:39 PM »

I'm just a bit lazy I guess  ;D - didn't want to clean up the food processor - however you are correct - using the machine would blend the ingredients nicely, and you could add half the blue cheese to the processor for flavor to the base, and the other half for a textural component afterward.
PZ

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 02:02:32 PM »

I'm just a bit lazy I guess  ;D - didn't want to clean up the food processor - however you are correct - using the machine would blend the ingredients nicely, and you could add half the blue cheese to the processor for flavor to the base, and the other half for a textural component afterward.

Yeah, I am not a big fan of the clean up either.  Good to know using the processor will not ruin the product.  Good idea on splitting blue cheese to get it into the sauce and still keep the chunks for texture.  I love a wedge salad at a restaurant, but never make one at home.  I should change that.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

smokingodzilla

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 12:44:29 AM »

hello,

the recipe instructions shows the list in step 2 contains sugar...yet in the ingredient list there is no sugar listed.

pz

• My recipes
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 02:29:41 PM »

Sorry about that - I formerly used sugar, but found that leaving it out actually made it better. I've been trying to decrease my diabetes potential, leaving out as much of the carbohydrate load as possible without affecting the flavor.
PZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up