Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 28 Mar 2018

• #2 by Bentley on 29 Mar 2018
  • I guess I thought it would come as a ready to use unit.  Lost my mind I guess! 

Just wanted everyone to know why it is not up and running.  I am going out to assemble it now!

• #3 by Bentley on 29 Mar 2018
  • I figure +-1° is acceptable!

• #4 by Bentley on 29 Mar 2018
  • Lets see here, on to some non official stuff.  Lets see if I get this right!  I did the burn in, 350 for 40 minutes as advised.  I have hooked up the Tappecuse and I think folks can log in with either a smart phone, or you may even be able to go to Tappecue.net and see the session.

It is Pellet Fan I, and password is pelletfanguest.  You can see where the probes are placed and we will run it till I have to leave at 6:30.  Will post graph when done.

Will try and get into the serious stuff tomorrow, sorry it took all morning and afternoon to get it going!

• #5 by Bentley on 29 Mar 2018
  • That is it.  Lots of chimmny adjustment I see in the future.  More tomorrow obviously.

After looking at this graph from 6:30 to 9:15, I cant wait to smoke that belly and jerky, and bologna!

• #6 by Bentley on 30 Mar 2018
  • Hopefully this is the configuration?  Will go hour on each temp and then move on to sschorr's & slaga's settings...

The Wind is 14mph and swilling on patio so keep that in mind.  I have it in a corner, but it does not seem to matter when the wind comes out of the Southeast...I am not going to try and adjust chimney right now as I think that might take 2 days to figure out!

Maybe run bottom left, 2 middle, and top right....and then go top left, 2 middle, bottom right.

• #7 by Bentley on 30 Mar 2018
  • 2 hours @ 150° with a probe on 4 different levels in 14mph winds.  The 1st 30 minutes, I moved the unit trying to get out of wind, forgetting the water pan was in, water, wood, fire...yada, yada, yada...

• #8 by Bentley on 30 Mar 2018
  • #9 by Kristin Meredith on 30 Mar 2018
  • One hour at 350, now have turned up to high, which I think is 450.

• #10 by Bentley on 31 Mar 2018
  • 4 probes, middle shelf @ 225° coming up!  Wind is calmer, but is supposed to pick up!
  • #11 by Bentley on 31 Mar 2018
  • #12 by Bentley on 31 Mar 2018
  • It has been almost an hour and a lot of ups and downs.  I have never cared for water pan cooking.  I know the instructions say always have it in the water pan.  I believe it is to help with grease collection too!  But it has been an hour, I am going to dump the water out and run for another hour without water and see if the results are the same.

• #13 by Bentley on 31 Mar 2018
  • I think the glass hopper area is a nice addition!

• #14 by Bentley on 31 Mar 2018
  • Another very impressive feature for me.  The ability to hold 5, even 4 if you wanna say bottom shelf is just to close to heat source.  That is a lot of capacity folks!

• #15 by Bentley on 31 Mar 2018
  • And finally, what I call the sweet spot.  Will post graph in about 30 minutes and then that is it for the day.  Uncles get back from Florida any minute and I have some stuff I can't put off any longer.

Will start on slaga's sessions tomorrow, and maybe try and do Lew's again with no wind.  Also if anyone else want to see graphs, now is the time to speak up, cuz that is coming to and end!

Pages:
Actions