Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New advanced 8 probe capable remote thermometer  (Read 1586 times)

DE

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
New advanced 8 probe capable remote thermometer
« on: June 20, 2018, 05:42:01 PM »

Grill Eye Pro Plus

Has anyone seen this at any of the 16 Costco's that have the advanced product release. Supposedly a step up from the Grill Eye with 8 probe capability, wifi and blue tooth.

There is a short short review on youtube and I know. Just curious if anyone has seen a hands on demo yet.

Doug//PG1000  SI4D   EXPEDITION GRIDDLE  FIREBOARD  THERMOPEN   BLACKSTONE 22  A BRISKITARIAN!

W6YJ

Re: New advanced 8 probe capable remote thermometer
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 07:59:32 PM »

What Costcos are selling them?

DE

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 08:57:19 PM »

I went back and found some info on Facebook posts which I’ll attach the screenshots. Looks good, a Costco in Colleyville tax has 120 in stock, I called. Looks good, priced good, it comes with 2 probes in box BUT ... service from across the pond I’m pretty sure, It’s hard to beat Service from Gina at Tappecue and Ted at FireBoard.
Plus you would have VPN at home to use remotely at least at this time, however, a soft firmware upgrade would change this in the future not requiring new purchase.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:52:32 AM by DE »
Doug//PG1000  SI4D   EXPEDITION GRIDDLE  FIREBOARD  THERMOPEN   BLACKSTONE 22  A BRISKITARIAN!

Mudflap

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Sunset in Harrisburg Oregon
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 10:11:08 PM »

Great... I had to look...Salem Oregon is on the list...

Just bought a new trolling motor for my boat and cant figure out how to say they threw this in with it.... :help:

Mudflap
Just want to cook good food. DB GMG

DE

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 10:17:51 PM »

Great... I had to look...Salem Oregon is on the list...

Just bought a new trolling motor for my boat and cant figure out how to say they threw this in with it.... :help:

Mudflap

Know what ya mean. Those 2fer stories don’t work around here, just smoke up some of her favorite meat and the beatings will not seem so harsh, at least they will heal quicker.
lol

Doug

W6YJ

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 04:53:16 PM »

Doug,

Thanks for the locations. One of them is close to us. My oldest daughter just bought a smoker and will go and check them out at the Poway Costco.

Too bad on needing a VPN for remote access (for now). Hopefully that will change.

DE

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 05:14:51 PM »

Swapped an email with them and their support said it was definitely under consideration and could be done by soft firmware update. With Costco's return policy....... However adding 2 more probes (+20 each) puts it at $120 and with addition 4 probes at $160, full capacity additional 6 probes @$200

With 8 probes one could certainly learn all of his/her hot and cold spots for sure.

W6YJ

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 08:19:30 PM »

Other than needing a VPN (for now), it is still significantly cheaper than the 6 input Fireboard ($190 w/2 probes or $250 w/8 probes) that I have, but with a very neat looking display.

Maybe we could convince Bentley and crew to setup another raffle and review at some point. But as Kristen has said, all reviews will be a someday as real life must take priority.

W6YJ

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 08:08:39 PM »

For what it is worth, I had my daughter go to the Poway Costco and they had no idea what she was asking for (and she had the photo you posted).

They did say it was available to order online, but the item number they gave her is for the older version with a simple numbers only display.

Do you know what the correct item number is for the new 8 input Pro+ version?

DE

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2018, 03:46:30 PM »

First, So sorry for the delay, I guess I just missed your post. They have been setting up the display of these along the product wall that divides the entrance and exit. I looked at them in the Colleyville store and they had like 120. I did call first and ask and they told me they had in stock, but when I got there I missed them on entry and had to go through 2 people before finding someone who remembered a new display of them. I will try and get the costco sky, but until then call the store and have someone look them up in computer to verify. I believe it was the first option # on their digital menu I used. Admin or Management option.

Hope this helps. You can also on FB, search the name " "  Pro Plus and read comments from those who already purchased.

W6YJ

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 04:59:37 PM »

Thanks, I'll forward a copy of your message to my daughter and hopefully she'll get farther this time.

leppolite

• Using less gas.
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 05:08:19 PM »

Just noticed this on the Walton's site

https://www.waltonsinc.com/grilleye-pro-plus
Rec Tec RT-680
Akorn Kamado
Pit Boss Copperhead 5

W6YJ

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 07:45:32 PM »

The Poway Costco finally got their shipment overnight. They received 100 units less the two we're buying this evening.

DE

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2018, 07:57:20 PM »

Excellent, let us know how they like them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up