Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Bit About Me and Pellets  (Read 724 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
A Bit About Me and Pellets
« on: August 23, 2017, 09:21:46 PM »

My first intro to pellet pits was when I went to a competition in San Diego with Bentley.  He cooked all 4 comp meats on one Traeger and I entered the "Anything Butt" with a Mahi Mahi in a jalapeno/pineapple sauce.  I got second and was hooked on competitions.  He hated to cook the chicken, so I started to cook that and do the boxes and eventually moved into all the sauces for the 4 meats.  I also always did the "anything butt" and, whenever possible, submitted desserts. I cook on a GMG Daniel Boone and a Memphis Pro.

I have met a lot of incredible people through pellet cooking and made some very nice friendships.  I hope that continues on this forum.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 09:29:49 PM by Kristin Meredith »

Quadman750

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • North of the border
Re: A Bit About Me and Pellets
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 11:48:01 AM »

I'm positive it will continue, extremely friendly community here.
Memphis Elite Memphis Pro Vision Kamodo Weber Performer Deluxe

SmokinHandyman

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Springfield, Illinois
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 02:23:08 PM »

Thanks for telling me about this site.
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

MP09

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 08:46:03 PM »

Thank you for getting me the info to this site. Spread the word!
BGW Grid Iron and a bunch of old gassers "now retired"

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
Re: Hello
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 10:25:42 PM »

Ummmm, it's not a move for me.  It's a welcome addition to other forums.

Ditto

Well gosh, I felt that way until a few minutes ago when I realized that my account had been deleted from Pelletheads.  Don't know why -- guess it was because I am related to Bentley.  Did not ask for it to happen and was not given any explanation as to why or any warning it was going to happen.  So I guess I will only be able to communicate with all you folks here.    Kind of a shock since I was about the 5th person to sign up with PH in March 2007.  Man, I guess that new broom really wants to clean house.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 11:18:54 PM by Kristin Meredith »

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
Re: Re: Hello
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 12:26:17 AM »

Well gosh, I felt that way until a few minutes ago when I realized that my account had been deleted from Pelletheads.

I don't know what to think of this.  Has your relationship with Burk, yours and Bentley's, become adversarial?  Are the two sites competing?  I suppose that they might compete for manufacturer attention.  Maybe that caused it.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 12:49:33 AM »

We are not competing as far as I am concerned, maybe he feels different.  I have no plans for Manufacture attention.  They know they are welcome on this site, just like they were when I ran the other.  They all stopped contributing there, and I would have to, it was usually a lose/lose situation for them, but that discussion is for another time.  I would love to have them interact here, but I don't see it happening.

I was most disturbed by the end of his new Registration Agreement...All my post are before he bought the site, deal with Performance Test and Product Reviews that were done in Good Faith.  He tells me in the 1st conversation we ever have that he is going to monetize the site and you want me to agree to CYA if something goes wrong?  Just delete my post and we will call it a day! 

I asked to be deleted and was, my posts have not been, we will see what happens with that...why he did it to Kristin, no idea.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 08:35:22 AM »

I have never spoken,e-mailed or PMed Burk. I haven't contacted any manufacturers or tried to do anything that would interefere with his ability to attract ads to the site. I don't believe I even posted on PH after he announced that he owned the site because I wanted to be very neutral and give him a chance to establish himself and make it his own.  Just kind of hard to be deleted from something you helped found and build.
Pages: [1]   Go Up