Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from WA state  (Read 470 times)

pnwgrllr

• Lurker
Hello from WA state
« on: November 02, 2018, 10:31:41 AM »

Howdy,

My name is David.  I have been a griller for many years.  I am currently cookin' it up with a BGE that I have had for many years.  I bought my first Kamado from a dealer in Atlanta who is now the distributor/owner of BGE.

I have decided to add a pellet pooper to my grillin' stable in Spring 2019 and was directed to this site by a fellow Reddit user.  I am on the fence about which unit to buy, but am looking at Rec Tec Stampede, Grilla Silverbac, LG 800E and Blaz'n Grills Grand Slam.  I am interested in a Yoder 480, but the cost is a bit out of my range.

My first dilemma is whether I want to buy Chinese made or US made.  I realize the Chinese made ones are assembled in the US, but I'm just not sure yet if I really want to contribute to the Chinese economy any more than I am.

Anyway, glad to be here and TIA to all for the site and any contributions.

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Re: Hello from WA state
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 02:49:34 PM »

Welcome David!  I'll leave the pit decision up to you as I consider it to a very PERSONAL choice, as in purchasing clothing or an automobile..If you have any questions ask away..You can always PM a person if

you feel the information may be sensitive or you want to keep things private.

pnwgrllr

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 03:06:18 PM »

Thanks Canadian John.  I am waiting for our government to approve my Nexus renewal so we can visit our friends in Port Coquitlam.  :)

SurfAndTurf

• Using less gas.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 07:55:37 PM »

Hello there! I live in AZ so opposite border :)
We bought a Camp Chef and it's been a good "first" pellet grill.

I have my eye on an upgrade sometime next year... 8)
SurfAndTurf

triplebq

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • If you are looking you ain't cooking
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 11:10:45 PM »

Welcome to the group
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

riverrat49

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • "If all else Fails call it Burnt Endz" Spokane, WA
    • G-Pa D's BBQ Team
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 12:29:58 PM »

Welcome to the Forum from Spokane...

Howdy,

My name is David.  I have been a griller for many years.  I am currently cookin' it up with a BGE that I have had for many years.  I bought my first Kamado from a dealer in Atlanta who is now the distributor/owner of BGE.

I have decided to add a pellet pooper to my grillin' stable in Spring 2019 and was directed to this site by a fellow Reddit user.  I am on the fence about which unit to buy, but am looking at Rec Tec Stampede, Grilla Silverbac, LG 800E and Blaz'n Grills Grand Slam.  I am interested in a Yoder 480, but the cost is a bit out of my range.

My first dilemma is whether I want to buy Chinese made or US made.  I realize the Chinese made ones are assembled in the US, but I'm just not sure yet if I really want to contribute to the Chinese economy any more than I am.

Anyway, glad to be here and TIA to all for the site and any contributions.
World Food Championship Culinary Team- 2016, 2017, 2018 Taste of America Challenge Champion- 2016/2018 World Food Championship Judge Competition Pitmaster/ Certified BBQ Judge

KrautBurner

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 11:52:02 PM »

Hello from Sunny Sequim, Wa

Where in Wa are you

As far as your dilemma
I would love to tell you that I always buy American when I can (that’s not the case)
I am looking enough to have an old American made Traeger 124

Recently I’ve kind of been thinking about getting a new pit
I’m kind of on the fence between a rec tech and an American made Blazin’ (Nebraska)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm usually cooking on a Traeger BBQ124, Traeger JR BBQ055 (SOLD), Traeger Texas BBQ075 (Father in laws), or a couple of SawTooth grills at my church
Pages: [1]   Go Up