Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 03 Dec 2018
  • This will be an on going Product Review.  Feel free to share ideas of what you would like seen done to it!

Purchase Price $39.99 Amazon with free shipping.  Order placed on Nov 26, arrived on Dec 3.

• #2 by Bentley on 03 Dec 2018
  • Not happy with the never use non stick cooking spray, or the handle not having a silicon protection.  Pleased that it says right on the lable metal utensils OK, I also called CS and ask if would be OK to cut right in it, as it states no sharp objects.  They green lighted that.

I am a butter person, so the non-stick food spray should not be an issue.   I dont believe any pan can cook with out something to make it slide, but I think I will go do some Ronco video right now!
  • #3 by cookinpellets junior on 03 Dec 2018
  • Not happy with the never use non stick cooking spray, or the handle not having a silicon protection.  Pleased that it says right on the lable metal utensils OK, I also called CS and ask if would be OK to cut right in it, as it states no sharp objects.  They green lighted that.

I am a butter person, so the non-stick food spray should not be an issue.   I dont believe any pan can cook with out something to make it slide, but I think I will go do some Ronco video right now!
    SAUCESOME, KEEP US POSTED i think i would like to buy that, the fact that i can also pop it in the oven is a bonus!!
  • #4 by Bentley on 03 Dec 2018
  • About a 3 minute demo of the non stick!

GraniteRock 12" pan egg cook
  • #5 by yorkdude on 03 Dec 2018
  • Nice job on the flip. Can you always pull it off? I can about 60-70% of the time with 2, almost always with one though.
  • #6 by Bentley on 03 Dec 2018
  • Really depends on pan and food, but about 90% of the time.  The lip of this pan makes it real easy!  Pancakes and hash browns are the easiest!
  • #7 by BigDave83 on 03 Dec 2018
  • Looks like a nice pan for a frittata, I like making them with left overs, I assume it is oven safe, I didn't read the pictures. I am looking for a new nonstick, I had been buying the Tfal onesbut they are domed up in the center now for some reason and they don't last long, but for 30 bucks with lid I guess one shouldn't complain. I backed some nonstick pans on kickstarter from Misen.

I will be watching, maybe I need one of these. Just bought a nice looking pan from the dollar store for 10 bucks, we shall see how long it last.
  • #8 by Fire708 on 04 Dec 2018
  • Is the coating smooth or texture? The flip was impressive, I can’t do one so I quit trying. I agree with you on the cooking with butter, it just adds so much to the flavor.
  • #9 by pmillen on 04 Dec 2018
  • Does it come with a lid?  It's not round, so the round lids many of us have on hand won't fit.
  • #10 by riverrat49 on 04 Dec 2018
  • We got the Gotham Steel pan last year at World Foods, they are pretty good pans and have yet to scar from metal utensils or knives cutting items in pan.
  • #11 by Bentley on 04 Dec 2018
  • No.  They have a $99 set, and the round ones do come with lids.

Does it come with a lid?  It's not round, so the round lids many of us have on hand won't fit.
  • #12 by Bentley on 04 Dec 2018
  • I would have to say it is lightly textured.

Is the coating smooth or texture? The flip was impressive, I can’t do one so I quit trying.
  • #13 by Mudflap on 04 Dec 2018
  • Looks like a very impressive pan. Not sure if anything will make it fail but time.(long time)

Like the suspenders.  :clap:

The only thing I would try is a cheesy-Crust Skillet Pizza.

Mudflap
  • #14 by BigDave83 on 04 Dec 2018
  • Try some fried cheese. Cut a piece of Provolone, Colby, Mozzarella about 3/8 to 1/2" thick. Get pan hot a bit of oil to start helps just a coat press the cheese onto the pan and leave it be, it will spread out coo for a bit until it is browning and then flip and cook other side until brown, salt and pepper when you take it off. All crusty and crunchy on the outside, and warm and melty on the inside. Bonus is you have cheese oil to fry up your eggs.
  • #15 by Bentley on 04 Dec 2018
  • I was getting ready to do a modified grilled cheese last night and never got around to it.  Was going to grate some sharp cheddar and put in the pan.  Also just to see if it sticks.  if I get hungry and motivated, I may try and get one up today!
Pages:
Actions