Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bentley on 04 Dec 2018
  • About a 20 second video, not even sure why I did it as it really does not show any performance of the pan...Bacon Cook.
  • #17 by RWhyman on 04 Dec 2018
  • About a 20 second video, not even sure why I did it as it really does not show any performance of the pan...Bacon Cook.

I don't know who doesn't like to see bacon cook!
  • #18 by smokin soon on 04 Dec 2018
  • I gotta ask, what's the difference between a fry pan and a sauce pan?
  • #19 by Bentley on 04 Dec 2018
  • I have no idea, my guess would be in the olden days, cast iron was the frying pan and used for everything else.  I think most "sauce" pans were just for that, sauces.  I think the CI was to hard to handle and the sauce pan was usually lighter and easier to handle!
  • #20 by Canadian John on 05 Dec 2018
    A sauce pan is deeper (higher walls) than a frying pan.
  • #21 by Jimsbarbecue on 05 Dec 2018
  • Nice item to test. We all see the commercial and wonder are. They for real
  • #22 by Mudflap on 06 Dec 2018
    A sauce pan is deeper (higher walls) than a frying pan.

If you search this it classifies Sauce/saute pan and fry/skillet pan. The Sauce/saute pan has strait sides and the fry/skillet pan has sloped sides. A 12 inch Sauce/saute pan has more browning cooking surface then the same 12 fry/skillet pan because of the sloped sides.  :2cents:

Mudflap
  • #23 by Bentley on 06 Dec 2018
  • Never been a fan of searing with "coated" pans.  Lets see if this can develop a crust on a beef burger patty.  See ya in 30 minutes.
  • #24 by Bentley on 06 Dec 2018
  • Will be a little longer, I have 16 rechargeable AAA batteries, and all of them are dead!  I have 712 Duracell, but the are all AA.  So give me 30 more minutes, I want the Graniterock at appx 400° surface temperature.  Not sure why I am picking that number, but I think it will be medium low stove setting, so all should be able to get that.
  • #25 by Bentley on 06 Dec 2018
  • This demo...well, lets just say I have no idea what I was expecting.  I will say the sandwich was delicious.  I guess it shows capacity, you could easily do 4 grilled cheese sandwiches at once.  And you can see that I used the metal spatula with impunity!  A lifetime warranty, so I will put that to the test immateriality! 

Failed Grilled Cheese Test
  • #26 by Bentley on 06 Dec 2018
  • 5.33oz. patty.  Maybe not hot enough?  3 minutes seemed long enough on one side, maybe wrong on that too?  Will try closer to 500° in the near future.  You do see crust on outer edges, so seems like it was hot enough, jut not correct contact.  Again, never cared for searing things like scallops in a non stick pan, and I am afraid this one may be the same.  Will have to get some scallops at RD next week and try!

And I despise non hamburger roll cheeseburgers!  Just un American!  But it is gone, so I guess that says something!

• #27 by BigDave83 on 06 Dec 2018
  • I would have been all over that burger, that nice thick slice of onion. What kind of cheese did you use?
  • #28 by GREG-B on 06 Dec 2018
  • "And I despise non hamburger roll cheeseburgers!  Just un American!  But it is gone, so I guess that says something!"

I'm just the opposite, hamburger buns have just too much bread (carbs).   I like a good sourdough slice.  I've even become quite fond of lettuce wrap burgers with a big slice of sweet onion in it. 
  • #29 by Bentley on 06 Dec 2018
  • White American, not even sure what that is, but it was here, and it pretty much tasted like orange American!

What kind of cheese did you use?
  • #30 by Bentley on 06 Dec 2018
  • I should not have done a review of this, cuz I just dont do them as well as Members do, but it has been fun.  I have a big 15lb USDA Select Rib Roast that has been Wet Aging since 11/6/18.  So we are at 30 day today, will drain off the myoglobin, slice off some shavings to make a Philly cheese steak in the Granite and vac seal the rest for Christmas Stroganoff!

No Amoroso rolls, so will have to use white bread again!
Pages:
Actions