Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by pmillen on 15 Mar 2019
  • The spray oils tend to gum up cooking surfaces more than oil.  My waffle maker says not to use sprays.  It has ceramic coatings on the plates.

Yep.  See reason number one at 7 ways you're ruining your nonstick pans.
  • #47 by Bentley on 15 Mar 2019
  • Not having to worry about 3, 4, 5 & 7 is why I got the GraniteRock.  So far it does not care that I have repeatedly carved with a knife in it, used metal whisk's and spoons, used metal chore girls to clean it, and has no problem with 450°+ cooking...my kind of pan! 
  • #48 by okie smokie on 15 Mar 2019
  • Not happy with the never use non stick cooking spray, or the handle not having a silicon protection.  Pleased that it says right on the lable metal utensils OK, I also called CS and ask if would be OK to cut right in it, as it states no sharp objects.  They green lighted that.

I am a butter person, so the non-stick food spray should not be an issue.   I dont believe any pan can cook with out something to make it slide, but I think I will go do some Ronco video right now!

Just read a nice piece about why not to use cooking spray.  The agent that carries the spray (an emulsifier as I understand it) leaves a residue on the pan that interferes with the non stick surface.  You can restore your non stick pan back to normal by making a thick paste :cool: with baking soda and water, and gently scrubbing the pan, side and edges with this using a sponge or non abrasive pad.  Rinse well, and them rub a small amount of veggie oil on the pan all over and then wipe clean with paper towel.  Bingo.  I tried it, it works. :cool:
  • #49 by Bentley on 03 Jul 2019
  • 7 months later, only cleaned using chore girl.  Some discoloration (might be camara), but it is wearing well.  Still performs well, even though I think most non stick needs a little fat to make it work well.

• #50 by Bentley on 03 Jul 2019
  • The thing I don't like, it is not a "true" flat surface, a very slight rise to the center.
  • #51 by Bentley on 30 Mar 2020
  • 15 months, always cleaned with metal chore girl and never worried about metal utensils.  Better wear then any non stick I have had (outside of porcelain) that has never had metal on it.

• #52 by Bentley on 30 Mar 2020

• #53 by BigDave83 on 05 Oct 2023
  • How is the pan if you are still using it. I am in need of a new 10". I have been using the Tfal skillets, but they usually end up with a bulge in the center.
  • #54 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Oct 2023
  • Yeah, I was looking at these the other day too.  In need of a new 14" frying pan.
  • #55 by BigDave83 on 05 Oct 2023
  • Yeah, I was looking at these the other day too.  In need of a new 14" frying pan.

I saw the 14" with lid on Amazon for something like $40.
  • #56 by pmillen on 06 Oct 2023
  • I have been using the Tfal skillets, but they usually end up with a bulge in the center.

See Frying Pro.

As usual, I don't agree with every statement but over the years I've changed my mind on various positions I've taken.

I recall almost buying a set of stainless steel frying pans that had a thick base of laminated metals to ensure even heat distribution. 
  • #57 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Oct 2023
  • I ended up buying a 14in pan at Sam's for $30 while picking up other things there this afternoon.  It's a lot heavier than the T-fal pan we had.
  • #58 by BigDave83 on 06 Oct 2023
  • I ended up buying a 14in pan at Sam's for $30 while picking up other things there this afternoon.  It's a lot heavier than the T-fal pan we had.

Not sure what I would do with a 14" pan. 12" is as big as I have and rarely use them. What do you cook in it? I usually only cook for 2 maybe 3 at a time.
  • #59 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Oct 2023

Not sure what I would do with a 14" pan. 12" is as big as I have and rarely use them. What do you cook in it? I usually only cook for 2 maybe 3 at a time.

A dozen pierogies fits in the 14in pan perfectly.
  • #60 by Bentley on 10 Oct 2023
  • It is in good shape, but it probably only gets used 3 to 4 times a year.  It is a crowned center, something I did not know when I bought it and something I do not like!  If they have products with flat bottoms now, I would highly recommend them for long lasting wear!

How is the pan if you are still using it. I am in need of a new 10". I have been using the Tfal skillets, but they usually end up with a bulge in the center.
Pages:
Actions