Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you foil your drip tray?  (Read 4727 times)

Hoosier Daddy

• Using less gas.
Re: Do you foil your drip tray?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2019, 07:04:24 AM »

Very pricy but as anyone seen these? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G3WLDUE/ref=twister_B01G3WLDS6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like they have them in sizes to fit most grills including my Rec Tec.  I currently scrape because foiling was a hassle.
Rec Tec 680 Weber 26" Kettle WSM

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 02:19:43 PM »

Just as an FYI, Reynolds does make a heavy duty foil and has it in wider than standard rolls. After I tried to foil my Traeger junior with regular Reynolds foil, I switched to heavy duty and never looked back. I pretty much only use regular foil for tenting resting meat, baked potatoes, and under food on a baking sheet when using the broiler to toast and melt cheese on a sandwich. When foiling drip pans it creases easier and stays tighter to the tray (which should affect performance less).

I buy 2 big rolls of heavy duty at a time from Costco.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

Casper08

• Lurker
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 02:57:15 PM »

I use 18" heavy duty foil, and have never had an issue on other grills.  So far on the Grid Iron foil doesn't seem to bother anything.  I'm thinking whatever you prefer.  I don't mind taking some extra time foiling.

litzerski

• Using less gas.
  • Indianapolis, IN
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2019, 08:17:22 AM »

FYI...over the weekend, I performed testing on foil vs no-foil temperatures and was surprised at some of the results.  I've started organizing my thoughts and typing a post regarding the results.  I should have it posted by the end of the day.

I'll be creating a new post with my data and analysis.
Blaz'n Grid Iron
Kamado Joe Big Joe II
Vertical Propane Smoker
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up