Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 24 Aug 2017
  • These take a little effort to make, but they are addictive.  If you cook on a pit, they take on a little smokiness -- yum!!!

1 loaf thin white bread, crusts cut off
    1 lb. cheddar cheese, grated
    1 lb. butter
    2 eggs

Mix wet ingredients together.  Spread a layer of mixture on one side of each piece of bread and then stack the pieces 3 high.  Cut in half and spread the mixture on all sides of the half, frosting them.

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes and eat fairly soon after -- they are no good cold!

• #2 by BigDave83 on 28 Sep 2020
  • This sounds interesting.

So mixing the egg, cheese and butter together. I am assuming I am just softening the butter not melting it?
  • #3 by pmillen on 28 Sep 2020
  • Wow!  Paired with cocoa?  Tea?
  • #4 by BigDave83 on 28 Sep 2020

Thinking mater soup.
  • #5 by Bentley on 28 Sep 2020
  • These things are unbelievable!
  • #6 by Kristin Meredith on 29 Sep 2020
  • This sounds interesting.

So mixing the egg, cheese and butter together. I am assuming I am just softening the butter not melting it?

Yes, don't melt.  You want something about like a soft cream cheese to spread.  Make them for the 14 yr olds birthday and folks will think you are a rock star!
  • #7 by Kristin Meredith on 29 Sep 2020

I guess you could pair with anything you liked.  My Mom often served them at "ladies lunches. She would serve a cold fruit salad, these hot cheese puff sandwiches and iced tea.  But you could come up with your own combos or be like me and just stuff them in your face as quickly as possible! :pig:
  • #8 by Canadian John on 29 Sep 2020

•  Sounds yummy.
  • #9 by BigDave83 on 29 Sep 2020
  • I need to try to make some just because i am trying to figure out just how they turn out.
Pages:
Actions