Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by glitchy on 21 Sep 2019
  • I wish I could get myself half as organized and tidy as you appear to be. Love that Traeger and your shed.
  • #17 by The Pup on 21 Sep 2019
  • I wish I could get myself half as organized and tidy as you appear to be. Love that Traeger and your shed.

We have his-and-her sheds (one of my smarter moves)--we actually park our cars in the garage.

The music room was her idea.  She loves to sing and dance while I play; and her singing is about as good as my playing (great way to clear the house of lingering guests).
  • #18 by Bentley on 21 Sep 2019
  • Do you have a 59' Les Paul?
  • #19 by The Pup on 21 Sep 2019
  • #20 by The Pup on 31 May 2020
  • Update:

Although the Smoke Daddy PID controller was maintaining +/- 6F, the fan "puff" operation (vs. continuous) may have resulted in the black soot I observed during long cooks (incomplete combustion?).

I switched to a Savannah Stroker v4.5 (with continuous fan operation) and the Savannah upgrade fan.  After autotune, the temps are stable (+/- 12F) and no more black soot.

Truth be told, all of my Traeger upgrades have resulted in no perceived difference in food taste (the meat doesn't know the difference).

Internal top shelf
    SS 9-hole burn pot
    Ceramic 100,000 cycle rated igniter
    SS 10g heat shield
    SS 12g drip pan
    SS 12g drip edge insert
    Smoke Daddy auger
    Smoke Daddy heavy duty auger motor (2RPM)
    Smoke Daddy 35lbs pellet hopper
    Savannah Stoker v4.5 PID controller
    Savannah upgrade "quiet" induction fan
    Door high-wind stops
    Bottom leg shelf
    Front fold-down shelf
    Second temp gauge
  • #21 by Brushpopper on 31 May 2020
  • The music room was her idea.  She loves to sing and dance while I play; and her singing is about as good as my playing (great way to clear the house of lingering guests).

This makes me laugh every time I think about it.  I don't know why it's been on my mind lately.  I need a guitar and maybe I can get rid of my in-laws quicker.  Thanks for posting the update.  And my stuff is never that organized nor clean (although my young bride would like it to be)!

• #22 by The Pup on 13 Jun 2020
  • This makes me laugh every time I think about it.  I don't know why it's been on my mind lately.  I need a guitar and maybe I can get rid of my in-laws quicker.  Thanks for posting the update.  And my stuff is never that organized nor clean (although my young bride would like it to be)!

Playing an instrument is a great joy. 

I am lazy by nature.  So, I make my life as easy as possible.  Everything has a place and everything is in its place (more or less).

You likely do much the same -- like always putting your keys in their place so you never have to hunt for them. Easy!

• #23 by Bentley on 14 Jun 2020
  • Nice part about living in Mayberry, you just leave the keys in the car!
Pages:
Actions