Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 24 Nov 2019

•  I was recently notified by Traeger that their WiFi controlled pits will include Alexia voice control..What next?  As modern and potentially convenient as this is, what is the pit going to do with people grouped

around talking?
  • #2 by triplebq on 24 Nov 2019
  • LOL I saw this. I bet it will be a big seller.
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 Nov 2019

•  I was recently notified by Traeger that their WiFi controlled pits will include Alexia voice control..What next?  As modern and potentially convenient as this is, what is the pit going to do with people grouped

around talking?

You have to say specific commands to "turn on" the voice control like "Hey Google" or "Hey Alexa".  It will then listen to what comes after that and take action.  Then it will wait for the next time it hears the command to "listen" again.  So, people around the grill talking won't have any influence on the grill unless they say "Hey Google" and have been setup to have their voice recognized by the unit.
  • #4 by MysticRhythms on 24 Nov 2019
  • At least there would be something at the house that would listen to us.

Just a joke Honey, honest.
  • #5 by ICIdaho on 25 Nov 2019
  • I am not a fan of all this voice tech stuff.  It gives me the creeps to know that a device and by default the developer can listen in at any point.  The device is ready to go and listening to hear its key words to start giving answers or complete commands.  It has already come out that the developer listens randomly to insure the tech is performing properly and to improve/innovate new tech.  No Alexa, google assistant, or Hey Siri is happening in my house.  The last truck I bought in 2004 frustrated me because in order to get leather seats I had to have a heater that ran itself.....all I wanted was the knobs to turn, "I can do it myself" is my motto.
  • #6 by hughver on 25 Nov 2019
  • I'm just the opposite, I've automated everything that I could and am still working doing the rest. Additionally, I just sold a very nice older SUV so that I could buy a new one with all of the latest safety and convenience gadgets.  :o
  • #7 by ICIdaho on 26 Nov 2019
  • I'm just the opposite, I've automated everything that I could and am still working doing the rest. Additionally, I just sold a very nice older SUV so that I could buy a new one with all of the latest safety and convenience gadgets.  :o

haha, to each their own.  If you like it, go all in!  I sit behind a computer all day for work, not dealing with tech at home is getting time off.  Last thing I want to do is trouble shoot a program when my smart house lights or heater are not turning on as programmed.
  • #8 by Canadian John on 26 Nov 2019
  • I am not a fan of all this voice tech stuff.  It gives me the creeps to know that a device and by default the developer can listen in at any point.  The device is ready to go and listening to hear its key words to start giving answers or complete commands.  It has already come out that the developer listens randomly to insure the tech is performing properly and to improve/innovate new tech.  No Alexa, google assistant, or Hey Siri is happening in my house.  The last truck I bought in 2004 frustrated me because in order to get leather seats I had to have a heater that ran itself.....all I wanted was the knobs to turn, "I can do it myself" is my motto.
    +1
  • #9 by SmokinHandyman on 26 Nov 2019
    +1

+2
Pages:
Actions