Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by Kristin Meredith on 16 Feb 2020
  • After they come out of the oven, flip over and then serve.  Pan came out really clean, nothing stuck at all.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #47 by Kristin Meredith on 17 Feb 2020
  • Corned beef hash cook.  I will let Bent comment since this was his cook.  Appears skillet produced a nice "crust" on the hash on the flip.  Hope it is seen in photos.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #48 by Canadian John on 17 Feb 2020

•  For non cast iron cooks, you are doing great... Just wish I could have just one sticky bun. They look so good!
  • #49 by Kristin Meredith on 17 Feb 2020
  • In cooking his eggs with the corned beef hash, Bent decided to try putting a lid on the skillet to see if it would hold in heat and cook the tops of the eggs.  Seemed to have worked. Skillet came out pretty clean after cook (but before washing).

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #50 by Kristin Meredith on 19 Feb 2020
  • Two firsts for me today:  first time making a pineapple upside down cake and first time making any type of cake in a skillet or cast iron skillet.  Full disclosure -- I cheated a bit and used a cake mix.  I think that was a mistake as revealed by final product photos.  I think a cake mix is too light and you need a denser homemade recipe to stand up to the juices.  This is for one of Bentley's friends, so hopefully he will not complain too much.  Pan held everything very well, easy to place the pineapples and cherries, and cooked evenly.  Easy pour of batter and spread nicely in pan. I think the round shape is attractive.  It did not stick.  Worst part -- this is a heavy pan for me to get in and out of oven much less turn over and I needed Bent to do the lifting and turning.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #51 by Kristin Meredith on 19 Feb 2020
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #52 by Canadian John on 19 Feb 2020

•  Kristin - You are like the Energizer Bunny only with cast iron cooking. You keep going and going....The pineapple upside down cake looks top drawer, both top + bottom..Cook on.
  • #53 by pmillen on 19 Feb 2020
  • You're writing an interesting thread, Kristin.

I'd eat some of that pineapple cake.
  • #54 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Feb 2020
  • Its probably been 35-40 years since I have had a pineapple upside down cake.  I used to love them.
  • #55 by Bentley on 19 Feb 2020
  • They sure liked it at the meeting tonight and they wanted me to know for the 2nd time how good the Sticky Buns were that I took them for the Monday meeting! So I will pass that along now as I forgot to tell her that tonight!

Now I probably should have told them I did not cook this stuff, but that seemed inconsequential at the time...
  • #56 by glitchy on 20 Feb 2020
  • They sure liked it at the meeting tonight and they wanted me to know for the 2nd time how good the Sticky Buns were that I took them for the Monday meeting! So I will pass that along now as I forgot to tell her that tonight!

Now I probably should have told them I did not cook this stuff, but that seemed inconsequential at the time...

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
  • #57 by Kristin Meredith on 20 Feb 2020
  • I have been washing the skillet with either warm soapy water or the soft Bar Keepers Friend cleaner.  But it seems to have developed some brownish mottling  Does not seem to affect cooking or make things stick, but thought I would document.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #58 by GREG-B on 20 Feb 2020
  • Just saw something on another forum.  Hope this is ok to post here.  Until 3/31 use code VIP10 FOR 10% off at Grizzly.

• #59 by glitchy on 22 Feb 2020
  • Just saw something on another forum.  Hope this is ok to post here.  Until 3/31 use code VIP10 FOR 10% off at Grizzly.

Dang it Greg!
  • #60 by GREG-B on 22 Feb 2020

Dang it Greg!

Too late?  Too soon?
Pages:
Actions