Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SV Then Smoke Bottom Round  (Read 2025 times)

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
SV Then Smoke Bottom Round
« on: March 25, 2020, 12:29:40 PM »

Saw this bottom round at the store, about 2.5 pounds. I seasoned with a BBQ rub I make up, bagged and SV at 139 for about 28 hours. A couple of minutes in a cold water bath then a bit more seasoning and into the smoker at 200° for 2 hours with some pecan and apple. Used the Cookshack 025 for this as it is my smoker in the winter. Will give this a go on the Davey Crockett this summer.

Rub

1C Sugar (white)
1C Sea Salt
1/2C Paprika
1/4 C Chili Powder
1/4C Black Pepper ( I use a finer grind)
1/4C Garlic (Granulated)
1/4C Onion ( Granulated)
2T Chipoltle Powder
1t Cayenne

I use this on Pork, Chicken mostly. The GF likes it a lot so I tried it on Beef, it was pretty good, I am no a fan of sweet on Cow but this didn't have the sweetness to it.

I did not check the internal temp of finished roast, it was slightly pink as she will not eat it red looking, it was tender fork cutable with the grain and not at all dried out. Over all it was a success. I kept 2 slices and wrapped the rest up and gave to her brother in law. The 2 slices i had 2 days later they were in a ziploc bag I opened and put in microwave for 45 seconds on power 1 it was as good as when first cut.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: SV Then Smoke Bottom Round
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 12:36:14 PM »

Looks like a nice crust.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180
Pages: [1]   Go Up