Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Louisiana Pellet LG900 my pellet grill of choice.  (Read 3146 times)

wyd

• Using less gas.
Louisiana Pellet LG900 my pellet grill of choice.
« on: September 22, 2017, 11:50:51 AM »

I'm new so thought I would stop in and post.  My pellet grill of choice has been the LG900 and I have had it almost a year now and have been very happy with it.  My local dealer had them and after researching for a few months and going to look at a lot of other pellet grills I thought bang for the dollar the Louisiana Pellet LG900 was the best choice for me.  Main reasons I went with the LP brand was one of my favorite dealers carries this brand so that was huge.  2nd reason is me personally love the off set firebox and the way the pellets need to drop into the firebox as it would be near impossible to catch your pellet storage box on fire like some brands where your auger tube runs right into the pellet container.  I knew from prior experience with pellet stoves heating my house that I wanted more of a Harmon type firebox setup.  3rd thing I liked was the super short auger as again it is very hard to get a jam.  4th is the sear feature if I wanted to do steaks and flame them I have that option. 5th the simple overall controller that goes up to 600 degrees although I really never need more than 350 its just night to have if you needed it.  6th I just think the overall grill if pretty simple and I like the standard kinda of barrel look that it has.  Overall it has been a very nice grill for me and has worked very well with no real issues to speak of.  Its holds temp well once you set it and it has some time to settle in then it stays well for me.  I don't get hung up on temps like some grillers do I just adjust a little if needed and rely more on my temp gauges I use up close to the meat vs the ones built into my grill.  I also like the and been using exclusively after trying many brands settled on the Ol Hick Hickory pellets from Energex (I also used and found Energex brand to be the best in wood pellet stoves to heat my house). 

So that is what I have figured out over the year I have had my LG900.

Brian
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:52:28 AM by wyd »
Louisiana Pellet LG900 Weber Platinum Kettle

Fire708

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Shelton!
Re: Louisiana Pellet LG900 my pellet grill of choice.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 12:21:43 PM »

I have the cs570 and do love it. My only complaint is the powder coat is coming off after two years. I have some rust spots I will need to deal with very soon but I cook with it 3 or 4 days a week so haven’t been able to yet.

wyd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 08:03:22 PM »

I have the cs570 and do love it. My only complaint is the powder coat is coming off after two years. I have some rust spots I will need to deal with very soon but I cook with it 3 or 4 days a week so haven’t been able to yet.
I have not noticed any rust yet but that is something I have read about.  Nice thing about being black is its a little easier to touch up as need be.  I wish I could cook more than once or maybe twice a week but I get home late in the evenings so I'm just happy I can do my hobby on the weekends and have fun doing it.

wyd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 11:15:34 AM »

Figured I would post a pic or two of my LG900 doing work.  :bbq: :lick:

wyd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 11:17:39 AM »

How about another pic.  Anyone else has any please post them up as I would love to see them.  :cool:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:19:26 AM by wyd »

Fire708

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Shelton!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 12:02:31 PM »

https://m.imgur.com/a/LVWFk

Here’s a beef roast I did. Used Bad Byron’s Butt rub. 250 until internal of 135 and then let rest for 30 min.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 01:42:05 PM »

Big pit, lot of area to work with!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

wyd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 01:36:08 AM »

https://m.imgur.com/a/LVWFk

Here’s a beef roast I did. Used Bad Byron’s Butt rub. 250 until internal of 135 and then let rest for 30 min.
Looks awesome.  Thanks for posting.

wyd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 01:37:58 AM »

Big pit, lot of area to work with!
Your right it does have some room for sure.  I don't always need that much room but it is nice to have the extra space for the times where I need it.  I think the LG900 is a nice overall size as its not too big or too small as its just right. ;D

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 10:46:50 AM »

Nice to be in love with your pit!  Great photos and write-up.

wyd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 11:56:01 PM »

Nice to be in love with your pit!  Great photos and write-up.
Thanks. 

silverbullet

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I thought my House was Child Proof then one got in
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2017, 10:30:37 PM »

Nice to hear your having a blast with your LG900! Been looking at the CS450. Looks to be well built & just the right size for my Bride & I.
GMG DC Camp Chef WW24

wyd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 10:54:30 AM »

Nice to hear your having a blast with your LG900! Been looking at the CS450. Looks to be well built & just the right size for my Bride & I.
Thanks.  Have to say its been a lot of fun cooking on my pellet grill.  Hope you make out in your search for a CS450.  Post up some pics here if you end up getting one.  Always like pictures.

wyd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 10:22:36 AM »

Man the weather has been xxxxxx and since I have no awning at my townhouse this really sucks as I haven't been grilling lately. >:(  I hope to get my LG900 fired up soon and blow the cobwebs out. :bbq:  Really miss the food that comes off the LG for sure.

wyd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2018, 12:07:29 AM »

Been awhile since I posted but still have my LG900 and its working great.  SInce the weather was nice I decided to make some ribs for my dad for fathers day.  Did a 6 hour cook set at 225 degrees.  The LG900 held temp great all day long.  It was 209 to about 228 all 6 hours.  Very happy as it was almost 100 degrees out and the sun hitting my grill directly for abut 3 hours of my grilling.  Had my LG900 for almost 2 years now and its been working great from day one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up