Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Competitive Edge  (Read 574 times)

Queball

A Competitive Edge
« on: September 22, 2017, 04:46:49 PM »

Let me say that I don't compete and I don't play a competitor on TV. But over the years, since getting involved with pellet cookers, I've watched the likes of Bentley, Kristin, Fmt, Trooper and others, team up and take a crack at it. Right now River Rat is finishing competitions and getting ready for the world championships in Alabama. .... As a "back yarder" who didn't know anything about things like the American Royal, the more I've observed, the more amazed I've become..... Here a team starts practicing far in advance, cooking their competition specialty. They get to the event and do their thing and race to the turn in station. Their box has to be perfect. The food has to be cooked right and visually appealing. To get to that point a ton of time, energy and money has been spent. But then it is judgment time. It all comes down to six people and one or two bites. ..... Everything you worked for, for that one moment. Obviously, everything has to perfect, for at that level of competition, it's expected. BUT, with that first bite you must get their attention, it makes all the difference whether all is won or lost.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 10:49:12 PM by Queball »
Pages: [1]   Go Up