Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 30 Jun 2020
  • What is in the box and how it comes packaged.  I would note that the ThermoDrop is not included with your order.  I am assuming that ThermoWorks just sent it along.  If I am wrong, Kyle from ThermoWorks can correct me. 

I would like to say right up front that ThermoWorks has graciously said that this Signals can be given away to a lucky Member.  So we say thank you from Pellet Fan and know that the Members will be very pleased to hear that.  I had a plan all devised on how it would be done, but the co-owner of the site shot my idea down.  I would like Members to think on what the best way to get this device into a Members had and post it.

And lastly, I was going to send everything in the box on to the winner, but I have already been told the Jelly Beans are taken and the ThermoDrop is being mulled over!

[

• #2 by Bentley on 30 Jun 2020

• #3 by Bentley on 30 Jun 2020
  • I now need to take some time and read some instructions before we start with anything else.  1st test I am going to do is see how long it takes to charge using USB port on computer, started at Noon.
  • #4 by Kristin Meredith on 30 Jun 2020
  • The manufacturer's representative will be monitoring the thread and is willing to answer questions from members.  This is a wonderful opportunity and greatly appreciated.  So if anyone has a question of the manufacturer as we proceed, please post it.
  • #5 by Bentley on 30 Jun 2020
  • I have learned that the Signals once set up through the Smart Device app, that you can access the data and change settings via cloud.thermoworks.com using the same login you create in the app.

So, for a guy like me, who is more computer oriented then Smart Device, it is gonna be nice.
  • #6 by Bentley on 30 Jun 2020
  • I would venture to guess if you have a smart device you know how to download an app.  Obviously that was very easy, and the set up was quite simple too.  Choose username, email and password, it was that simple to get app on device.  I am now working on setting up the wifi.
  • #7 by Kyle from ThermoWorks on 30 Jun 2020
  • I now need to take some time and read some instructions before we start with anything else.  1st test I am going to do is see how long it takes to charge using USB port on computer, started at Noon.

Just an FYI, the Signals charger is 12V and your computer USB port is only 5V so it either won't charge or it will go very slowly. The included charger should be used for best results.
  • #8 by Osborn Cox on 30 Jun 2020
  • Looking forward to your tests and review Bentley.   I’ve been debating this purchase for a while now, this may put me over the edge. 
  • #9 by Bentley on 30 Jun 2020
  • Have switched the charging source.
  • #10 by Bentley on 30 Jun 2020
  • Understood.  But it seems to have full charged it from the lap top in about 3.5 hours as an FYI.

I now need to take some time and read some instructions before we start with anything else.  1st test I am going to do is see how long it takes to charge using USB port on computer, started at Noon.

Just an FYI, the Signals charger is 12V and your computer USB port is only 5V so it either won't charge or it will go very slowly. The included charger should be used for best results.
  • #11 by WiPelletHead on 30 Jun 2020
  • Bentley, did you download the original app or the newer Beta version?
  • #12 by pmillen on 30 Jun 2020
  • Bentley, I'll be especially interested in your thoughts on–
    • How easy the Owners' Manual is to follow
    • How intuitive the operations are
    • How easy it is to establish alerts for pit temperature, meat at final temperature and the like
  • #13 by Bentley on 30 Jun 2020
  • I downloaded what will show on the App Store or Google Play as ThermoWorks (Early Access), there was a firmware update, but it was very quick to download.  It appears we are up and running.  Fairly painless.  I believe folks could be up and running, even if they have to update firmware withing 20 minutes of unboxing.

Bentley, did you download the original app or the newer Beta version?
  • #14 by Bentley on 30 Jun 2020
  • I can answer now.  They are very simple to understand instructions, but after downloading the app, you are kind of directed on what to do, so even easier in my mind, really don't need written instructions..  I would say very intuitive.  I will do a short video, as it is almost impossible to show how easy with words.

Signals Intuitive Operations

Bentley, I'll be especially interested in your thoughts on–
    • How easy the Owners' Manual is to follow
    • How intuitive the operations are
    • How easy it is to establish alerts for pit temperature, meat at final temperature and the like
  • #15 by Bentley on 30 Jun 2020
Pages:
Actions