Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by pmillen on 30 Jun 2020
  • Signals Intuitive Operations

Wow!  That couldn't be much easier.  It beats the heck out of some others I've seen.
  • #17 by WiPelletHead on 30 Jun 2020
  • Signals Intuitive Operations

Wow!  That couldn't be much easier.  It beats the heck out of some others I've seen.

Sure beats setting an alarm on my Maverick!
  • #18 by Bentley on 01 Jul 2020
  • Will have a very short graph to post after the banana bread cook.  What is the consensus, I put the probes in a little early?  As soon as I put them in I knew it was a bad decision!

• #19 by Bentley on 01 Jul 2020
  • The answer to this question is no.

2. Can the graph be shared in real time with others.

Edit:  I am actually going to ask Kyle to weigh in on this.  We discussed it and the answer was no.  But I guess I will ask the question of Kyle, if a person shared their log in information with another person so they could log into their ThermoWorks icloud account, could it be done?
  • #20 by Kyle from ThermoWorks on 01 Jul 2020
  • The answer to this question is no.

2. Can the graph be shared in real time with others.

Edit:  I am actually going to ask Kyle to weigh in on this.  We discussed it and the answer was no.  But I guess I will ask the question of Kyle, if a person shared their log in information with another person so they could log into their ThermoWorks icloud account, could it be done?

Yes you could share your login information with a friend and both watch the graph at the same time. Many competition BBQ teams have actually been doing this successfully for quite a while now.
  • #21 by WiPelletHead on 01 Jul 2020
  • Thanks for the quick answer Kyle.
  • #22 by pmillen on 01 Jul 2020
  • On the subject of graphing a cook–
       ● Can a user set the upper and lower limits on the Y Axis Scale? 

If the meat is put on the pit at refrigerator temperature, an automatic scale will be from 0° to about 300°, if the pit is running at 275°.  Users will see more temperature detail if they can set the lower Y Axis Scale limit at, say, 100°.

You see more detail if you can zoom in on a portion of the Y Axis.
  • #23 by Bentley on 01 Jul 2020
  • Kyle, it is questions like these...please feel free to jump in, cuz I am just gonna have to ask anyway!
  • #24 by Bentley on 01 Jul 2020
  • Baked at 350°, took about 80 minutes.

• #25 by Bentley on 01 Jul 2020
  • I am not sure.  I think the Y axis is a function of the temperature is of what is being charted (pit or meat).  I was going to say I could put one probe in and set high and low at 350° and it might show what you are trying to accomplish, but I am not sure.

On the subject of graphing a cook–
  • #26 by Kyle from ThermoWorks on 01 Jul 2020
  • On the subject of graphing a cook–

If the meat is put on the pit at refrigerator temperature, an automatic scale will be from 0° to about 300°, if the pit is running at 275°.  Users will see more temperature detail if they can set the lower Y Axis Scale limit at, say, 100°.

You see more detail if you can zoom in on a portion of the Y Axis.

The graph will automatically scale. However, there are lots of ways you can manipulate the graph to see exactly what you want. By hovering over the graph, it will show you the exact time/temperature as shown in the attached image. You can also enable/disable channels individually so removing pit temp would zoom in on your meat temps.

If you want the ultimate in customization, you can always export to Excel or another spreadsheet software and build custom scale as well.
  • #27 by Bentley on 01 Jul 2020
  • On the road for dog sitting tomorrow, so probably no more data till Friday when I will try and get the brisket cooked with all 4 probes in use.
  • #28 by 02ebz06 on 02 Jul 2020
  • Looks like a beefed up Smoke - 4 Ports and a Power Supply.
    Nice unit.  :clap:
  • #29 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Jul 2020
  • Looks like a beefed up Smoke - 4 Ports and a Power Supply.
    Nice unit.  :clap:

Yep, with the extra two probes and the wifi already built in.
  • #30 by Hank D Thoreau on 02 Jul 2020
  • Plus it serves as a controller for the Bellows fan option.
Pages:
Actions