Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by bel4_20 on 30 Jul 2020
  • Hello all, i've sold my 850 to a friend his vehicle is not a pick up truck, is it ok to lay the grill on its side? if so does it matter which side it can be laid down on?

Thanks!
  • #2 by Bentley on 30 Jul 2020
  • I do not know that specific Traeger, but I can see no reason why laying it on its side would be an issue.  I would make sure all the guts are out, any part that is not attached to something permanently!
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Jul 2020
  • and empty the pellet hopper or have a way to ensure it does not open...just saying from a "friend" that had a similar experience putting a grill in the back of a Honda Pilot once
  • #4 by bel4_20 on 30 Jul 2020
  • Thanks for the replies I was just concerned by tipping it on its side that something would slide out of place in the auger area. But looks like its good to go.
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Jul 2020
  • Thanks for the replies I was just concerned by tipping it on its side that something would slide out of place in the auger area. But looks like its good to go.

I'm not 100% certain on this, but I don't think you need to worry about the auger area.  That thing should be bolted down pretty good to ensure the shaft stays straight among probably several other reasons.
  • #6 by 02ebz06 on 31 Jul 2020
  • I'm not 100% certain on this, but I don't think you need to worry about the auger area.  That thing should be bolted down pretty good to ensure the shaft stays straight among probably several other reasons.

+1

• #7 by Canadian John on 31 Jul 2020
  •  I would give it a good cleaning (scrape + vacuum) the inside. The ride home will shake things loose. I would also remove all pellets: empty the hopper, start + let the auger run all the  remaining pellets thru.

Do this before cleaning.

Padding between the pit and vehicle should reduce the likelihood of scratching the finish.
Pages:
Actions