Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by lil moose on 16 Nov 2020
  • I was at Sam's club Saturday morning and ran across a beautiful roast just begging to be smoked then seared at 600+ temp on the SRG.

I trimed the roast then placed it in a gal size bag with 1 can beef broth, 1/4 can water and 2 tsp's garlic powder

Let it sit over night turning every few hours.  Removed and dried, rubbed with oil & added a little salt, pepper and just a little more garlic powder and a little rosemary. 

Placed in my homebuilt SRG pellet grill and smoked till IT of 135 was reached, then placed on another SRG that had been warming up to a temp of 600+.   

Once the roast has a good sear I placed in a pan with the brine I used to before (after I boiled it and strained it) plus one more can of beef broth so I could make Au Jus.

let it sit on top of the SRG grate for 45 mins then removed to slice up for sammies!   

• #2 by reubenray on 16 Nov 2020
  • What type of roast?  I love roast beef and I want to do one with my rotisserie.
  • #3 by lil moose on 16 Nov 2020
  • Here is the finished roast  for some reason the others flipped side way
  • #4 by lil moose on 16 Nov 2020
  • What type of roast?  I love roast beef and I want to do one with my rotisserie.
    Top round roast

These can be a little dry so you have to brine or inject to get the best from them
Pages:
Actions