Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: The Pizza Thread  (Read 50820 times)

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
Re: The Pizza Thread
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2021, 03:25:07 PM »

Looks pretty good to me...
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2021, 03:55:47 PM »

Buddy's does not have to worry quite yet. 

Way to much dough (disappointed in ATK on that one), when I make it again, I will use half of the ball.  That will take care of issue #1.  No vegetables, I believe they may have release moisture.  Maybe Detroit Style has them, don't know.  I did not have anything but sausage in Grand Haven and it was very crisp.  Sauce, well when you are told to use whole canned tomatoes and you use homemade paste, you will have an issue.  The sauce I made was horrible in this application, would have been wonderful on a traditional Red pizza.  That will take care of issue#2.  With all of the other issues, no idea if the Jack will work as a decent substitute, will see when I make Pie #2. 

I look forward to the pan coming tomorrow, getting some canned tomatoes so I can make the sauce the way the recipe calls for and using much less dough!  Bottom and sides were great for crispy, just way to much dough in center.

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #152 on: July 11, 2021, 04:01:44 PM »

It looked good.  I almost went out and got a few pizza slices today after looking at all of these pizza pics.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2021, 04:38:55 PM »

This is way off subject, after looking at the range top in a couple of those photos...Man, I have a high tolerance for grime, but even they got me.  So that has been rectified some what!

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2021, 05:10:20 PM »

Better than new!   :clap:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #155 on: July 13, 2021, 01:16:10 PM »

Gramma's on the left and Sicilian on the right.  This shop's Sicilian is thinner than most around her.  Looks like they probably use the same dough and pan for both styles.  I stopped to get some for lunch today after looking at all of the pizza pics you guys have been posting lately.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2021, 01:49:57 PM »

Yeah, that is a 3rd the thickness of mine.  I think Buddy's was a little thicker, but not much, so I know that is gonna make #2 better!

NorCal Smoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2021, 09:23:10 PM »

Bar-B-Lew, my grandparents on my mothers side were Sicilian, and when my grandmother made pizza it looked exactly like that, but just cheese and pepperoni. Your pictures brought back memories from long ago. Thanks for that!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2021, 05:56:03 PM »

Getting ready to go slice it up right now, this one just smells better!

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #159 on: July 15, 2021, 06:03:10 PM »

Looks pretty authentic.

I ordered a new pan for making Bar Pies - 14" round x 1" high.
Gets here sometime tomorrow, so will have to give it a try next week sometime.

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2021, 06:10:08 PM »

These are new sourdough recipe I tried out of this book. It has all kinds of styles using starter. It's a good read.

The recipe has alot of oil which I haven't done in awhile. The results were fantastic. Great flavor and crisp. Was going to do in the wood oven but it was raining. This was 500 degrees on a steel in the oven.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2021, 06:35:56 PM »

Much better then last effort, Night n Day.  Still a few mistakes.  After cooking the Sausage, I hit with the stick blender to make real fine.  Alas, I got lazy/side tracked and forgot to drain grease.  So when put on dough and cooked, ended up causing crisp issues.  For me it is still to much dough, and I am done with the 3 stripes for sauce, at some point you just say tradition be damned, I am doing the sauce the way it enhances the pie!  Just sausage, sauce & cheese this time. And the new pan!

I believe #3 will be even better next week!  I think I am gonna order some Wisconsin Brick, as I wanna taste it naked and see how close to Jack and Munster it really is!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 06:38:30 PM by Bentley »

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2021, 06:54:35 PM »

These are new sourdough recipe I tried out of this book. It has all kinds of styles using starter. It's a good read.
The recipe has alot of oil which I haven't done in awhile. The results were fantastic. Great flavor and crisp. Was going to do in the wood oven but it was raining. This was 500 degrees on a steel in the oven.

Good looking pizzas Tony.

======================================================================================================================

Much better then last effort, Night n Day.  Still a few mistakes.  After cooking the Sausage, I hit with the stick blender to make real fine.  Alas, I got lazy/side tracked and forgot to drain grease.  So when put on dough and cooked, ended up causing crisp issues.  For me it is still to much dough, and I am done with the 3 stripes for sauce, at some point you just say tradition be damned, I am doing the sauce the way it enhances the pie!  Just sausage, sauce & cheese this time. And the new pan!

I believe #3 will be even better next week!  I think I am gonna order some Wisconsin Brick, as I wanna taste it naked and see how close to Jack and Munster it really is!

I'm with you on thick dough, not a fan.
Bar/Tavern pie is about the thickest I'm going to make.
Also with you on "tradition be damned".  Make what "you" want.

WiPelletHead

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Mondovi WI
« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2021, 08:35:30 PM »

Bentley, if you want to try WI Brick cheese Widmers  is very good. https://www.widmerscheese.com/

I see a number of places across the US sell their product but not sure if any are close to you.
FE PG 1000

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #164 on: July 15, 2021, 09:00:19 PM »

Bentley, that pie looked great.  I think I would eat the whole thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 38   Go Up