Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 4given on 01 Jun 2021
  • Are Cabelas Brand Pellets still made by Lumberjack?

Cabelas was recently bought out by Bass Pro and are heavily pushing Camp Chef. Just wondering if they changed and are now the same as the Camp Chef brand. I bought a bag of cabelas peach pecan to try and the bag has a ziplock. Just wondering
  • #2 by ylr on 01 Jun 2021
  • Is there nothing on the bottom of the bag saying where it was manufactured, or does it say it was "manufactured for Cabelas"? Outside of buying a bag of CC, a bag of Cabela's, and a bag of LJ and comparing them, I don't know how you could know for sure. Maybe email Cabelas?
  • #3 by Bentley on 02 Jun 2021
  • I want you to know I see your question, I just have no idea at the answer!
  • #4 by okie smokie on 02 Jun 2021
  • I want you to know I see your question, I just have no idea at the answer!
    Did you see me new topic re: LJ merger?
  • #5 by 4given on 07 Jul 2021
  • I looked on the bag and there is no indication of who made the pellets. 
  • #6 by 4given on 07 Jul 2021
  • FYI - I was not impressed with the peach pecan pellets fronm Cabelas.

I did try Bear Mountain GOURMET BBQ Blend (Oak, Hickory, Maple, and Cherry) and liked it very much! Good price at our local WINCO market too! I'll buy it again.
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Jul 2021
  • I got some Bear Mountain at RD for $7 for 20# bag.
  • #8 by 02ebz06 on 07 Jul 2021

Dang!  That's cheaper than I'm paying for 2400 pounds of LJ pellets that are estimated to be delivered tomorrow.
    Wish we had an RD store here.
  • #9 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Jul 2021

Dang!  That's cheaper than I'm paying for 2400 pounds of LJ pellets that are estimated to be delivered tomorrow.
    Wish we had an RD store here.

I apologize.  It was at the Resturant Store and they are $8.99 bag for 20#, but for some reason I think I got them closer to $7 as maybe they had a sale or something.

https://www.therestaurantstore.com/items/551604
  • #10 by Darwin on 07 Jul 2021
  • Thanks for the tip on Bear Mountain.  Tractor Supply and CAL Ranch both carry it near me.  Now we need a cold front...
Pages:
Actions