Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by okie smokie on 02 Jun 2021
  • Do all good things come to an end? We shall see.  Had trouble finding LJ Hickory Blend and Competition pellets at the local "Sutherlands" (like Home Depot but local to Tulsa).  The manager said they were having some delays because of the above merger??? Here is a good summary of the deal. Hope Lignetics which is owned by an investor group, does not try to jack up the prices or change the product. 
    /Users/hlgaspar_1/Desktop/Generational Capital Markets Advises Great Lakes Renewable Energy in its Sale to Lignetics | Busines….webloc
  • #2 by 02ebz06 on 02 Jun 2021
  • I noticed that when I sent Chrissy an email for a price quote that the company name had changed to Lignetics.
  • #3 by BigDave83 on 02 Jun 2021
  • I think lignetics owns quite a few pellet plants all over the country and also a few cooking labeled pellet brands.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Jun 2021
  • I think lignetics owns quite a few pellet plants all over the country and also a few cooking labeled pellet brands.

Lignetics are the #1 choice my Uncle uses for his wood stove pellets.

If it is private equity backed, I don't see anything good coming out of this for the pellet industry especially for those who had previously bought Lumber Jack pellets.  PE have been known to do things to drive profits in the short term as they look to sell a company in 3 or so years and often make short term decisions with little regard for long term impact as that becomes the next owners problem.
  • #5 by Bentley on 02 Jun 2021
  • I wonder if they will still sell hardwood cooking pellets?  And if so, will still do the bulk sales?
  • #6 by 02ebz06 on 02 Jun 2021
  • I wonder if they will still sell hardwood cooking pellets?  And if so, will still do the bulk sales?
    Web site looks the same.

I sent an email to Chrissy Connor yesterday for a current price list.
    Haven't heard back from her.
    She replaced Gerald (Jerry) Brown as salesperson when Jerry left a few years ago.
  • #7 by reubenray on 02 Jun 2021
  • I guess I need to stock up on LJ just in case.
  • #8 by ylr on 02 Jun 2021
  • I went to Lignetics' website, and under "BBQ pellets", they had Bear Mountain  brand. Wasn't as impressed with that brand as LJ when I bought a bag last year.
  • #9 by 1MoreFord on 02 Jun 2021
  • One good possibility from them owning Bear Mtn.

The last time I was at Atwoods, again similar to RK and Sutherlands, they had Bear Mtn. and LJ on sale for $7.00 for 20lbs.  That bodes well for little to no price increase.
  • #10 by 4given on 07 Jul 2021
  • I use LJ and Bear Mountain. Both are very good pellets. 

• #11 by JoeGrilling on 07 Apr 2022
  • I don't know if it is because of the merger or supply chain issues but my local Dick's Sporting Goods used to have a good supply of LJ pellets.  Many of their types were listed on the website a few weeks back and none in the store.  I checked today and only two types were available for mail order.  It looks like they may be getting phased out.  Dick's has plenty of Camp Chef on hand.

I hunted around my area for decent pellets and my luck was pretty poor so it looks like a large lot pellet purchase is in my future.  Based on the good feedback from others in the forum, I will likely go with Cookin Pellets.
  • #12 by okie smokie on 07 Apr 2022
  • I'm kinda stuck on LJ pellets and so far have not had trouble finding at a local hardware store.
  • #13 by ScottE on 08 Apr 2022
  • I've read a few threads on the pelletgrills Reddit where folks have mentioned LumberJack pellets are no longer available at Dicks or Rural King. I haven't checked this year, but CALRanch stores had them last summer. For those of us in areas without outdoor/bbq stores, ranch and farm supply seem about the only option other than Walmart (and therefore PitBoss). Freighting a pallet is looking more attractive these days, I haven't had good luck buying off Amazon - expensive and the bags are handled roughly so lots of pellets broken up into dust.
  • #14 by 02ebz06 on 08 Apr 2022
  • I've never found them locally.
    Last July I bought a pallet and did a 3-way split with my son and a friend.
  • #15 by ScottE on 08 Apr 2022
  • Last July I bought a pallet and did a 3-way split with my son and a friend.

I think that's the way to go. A bit more work up-front and in handling the delivery, but you can get a good price and I think the pellets transport better that way.
Pages:
Actions