Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 15 Jun 2021
  • I guess Lignetics is the company now, but sales person hasn't changed.
    Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I sent Chrissy Connor an email requesting current price list so I can order a ton.
    Yesterday, I left her a voice mail and still no response.
    Never had any problems when Gerald (Jerry) Brown was their sales person.

Lumberjack is a popular favorite on many here, but what is your 2nd choice ?
    Caveat for 2nd choice is I need a company that I can order a ton from.
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Jun 2021
  • Chris at cookinpellets
  • #3 by Bentley on 15 Jun 2021
  • At that amount Chirs should be able to take care of you...but with all that has happened with the bug, shipping, which he does not control, may be a killer!
  • #4 by SmokinHandyman on 15 Jun 2021
  • A ton of pellets? That would be enough for my cooking for life and make me a big casket to put me away in.
    Do sell to friends?
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 16 Jun 2021
  • A ton of pellets? That would be enough for my cooking for life and make me a big casket to put me away in.
    Do sell to friends?

Will split with my son and an ex-neighbor  (I moved away, he didn't).
  • #6 by 02ebz06 on 16 Jun 2021
  • Not having a lot of luck here...
    Sent an email to Info@CookingPellets dot Com and it bounced. Bad email address.
    Guess I'll have to call...

EDIT: My bad, sent to CookingPellets instead of CookinPellets.

Anybody use BBQers Delight ?
    Tried them once years ago. Don't remember if I liked them or not.

Shipping costs would be less I think, as  I believe they have a place in AZ.
  • #7 by 02ebz06 on 16 Jun 2021
  • it is cookinpellets...no G

Not having a lot of luck here...
    Sent an email to Info@CookingPellets dot Com and it bounced. Bad email address.

Yeah, talked to Chris and he corrected me.

The cookinpellets website lists a dealer in Albuquerque NM too

I know the Dealer in Albuquerque. I sold him my Memphis Pro.  ;D
    He has a trailer business and has a pallet of CookinPellets sitting in his store.
    I thought about calling him, but then I would have to haul them.
    Just as soon get a ton delivered to my house.
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Jun 2021
  • The cookinpellets website lists a dealer in Albuquerque NM too
  • #9 by triplebq on 16 Jun 2021
  • I have used BBQers Delight. Currently I'm using B&B (BBQers Delight rebrand) from Academy Sports. The Championship Blend @ 14.99 for 40 pound bag is pretty close to me placing a large order with LumberJack. They tend to have a sale every now and then and I usually just grab a few.
  • #10 by 02ebz06 on 16 Jun 2021
  • I have used BBQers Delight. Currently I'm using B&B (BBQers Delight rebrand) from Academy Sports. The Championship Blend @ 14.99 for 40 pound bag is pretty close to me placing a large order with LumberJack. They tend to have a sale every now and then and I usually just grab a few.

That is a pretty good price.  A little less than the last time I bought a ton.
    No Academy Sports here though.

• #11 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Jun 2021

That is a pretty good price.  A little less than the last time I bought a ton.
    No Academy Sports here though.

You are also not getting 100% of the labeled wood specie in the pellet with BBQers delight.  You are with cookinpellets and with several Lumberjack brands.  I am not sure how important that may be to you.  It is to me as I am not a fan of the pellets that are not 100% specie.  I have found them to not burn as well and create more ash.  I have bought them and still have 200# of one brand in my garage because it was a great price.  Once I am through those and the 400#+ that I have of cookinpellets, I will be ordering from cookinpellets next time (probably several years from now though at the rate I use my smokers).
  • #12 by yorkdude on 16 Jun 2021
  • I gotta say, back 10-12 years or so ago (can’t remember dates well anymore) I split a ton of pellets with my buddy. My half lasted me probably 3 years, maybe more than that. Those days we smoked for every holiday and just for our dinners etc. It blows me away (in a good way) how much you guys use your grills. Nicely done.
  • #13 by Osborn Cox on 16 Jun 2021
  • I’m surprised by the lack of response, I’ve ordered from lumberjack 3 times in the last 6 months.    The first order around Xmas took over 8 weeks to ship, so I know they were really backed up then, but the last 2 orders have shipped in 2 weeks or less.    I was saddened to see that they had been absorbed it to a larger company, that is never a good thing in my experience.
  • #14 by 02ebz06 on 18 Jun 2021
  • Never did hear back from Chrissy.

However, thanks to Bob (Bregent) who pointed me to BBQ Pellets On-Line, I was able to order 1.2 tons of LumberJack pellets.
    !.2 Tons was 31 cents a bag cheaper than a 1 ton order for 20# bags and 120 bags divides by 3 easier than 100.
    Will be 2-3 weeks lead time for shipping.
    Will give me some time to use up some of the pellets I have.  ;D
    Think I have a little over 2 bags left.
  • #15 by 02ebz06 on 09 Jul 2021
  • Pellets arrived today.
    Started unloading before I though to take a picture.
    Of all days to be 99 degrees. Ugh...
Pages:
Actions