Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by rughead on 15 Jun 2021

•   I have not seen anything on this subject here on Pellet Fan. If there is any info please let me know.

As you all know, different brands of pellets are different in size. My question is ..

if different brands are used together, then you have different size pellets in the hopper, does/will that effect
     anything? My main concern is the auger, can they get jammed up etc?

Thanks in advance..
  • #2 by SmokinHandyman on 15 Jun 2021
  • I think you will be fine.
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Jun 2021
  • I have heard that long pellets that are close to two inches long have caused issues in some augers.  In fact, I think I have an issue with my MAK because of the pellets that I have not fixed since last BBQ.  On my to do list. I found that augers that have a verticle drop to not have as many issues as those that have horizontal flow.
  • #4 by Bentley on 15 Jun 2021
  • It will not be an issue.
  • #5 by Canadian John on 16 Jun 2021

•   Pellet Standards

Lauzon                                                        Industry Standard

<.3%                     FINES                                 < .5%

1/4"                       DIAMETER                           1/4" to 5/16"

1/4" to 1"               LENGTH                               Less than 1 1/2"

Less than .4%        INORGANIC ASH                   Less than 1%

Less than .2%         DUST                                        Not listed

Greater than 9,000  BTU/LB                                Average 8,000
     Copied from their website.         

Modify message
    « Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 06:27:57 PM by Canadian John »Report to moderator    50.100.26.245
Pages:
Actions