Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by elenis on 21 Jun 2021
  • Good afternoon all. I was wondering if anyone has used pellets from Smoke Baum? I order 40 pounds to try it, but I am trying to figure out what the catch is. Right now they sell in 40 pound increments and it comes in 4 sealable plastic containers that weigh 10 pounds each. They also don't charge for shipping and they make a big deal about it being held together with a bee's wax emulsifier instead of regular wax. Do you think it is something to try to get the brand known? Anyways I was just curious on others thoughts. Even if the pellets end up being meh it will be nice to have the sealable containers to help protect my open pellet bags from any kind of moisture.
  • #2 by Bentley on 21 Jun 2021
  • The pellet is held together?

...and they make a big deal about it being held together with a bee's wax emulsifier instead of regular wax.
  • #3 by Brushpopper on 21 Jun 2021
  • How is it flavored?  Hopefully not oil like Traeger.
  • #4 by ylr on 21 Jun 2021
  • After checking out their website and FB page, the whole thing looks sketchy to me. A lot of promises, and claimed features, no documentation. This is including the pellet grills and whatnot they also sell.
  • #5 by Canadian John on 22 Jun 2021

•  Not 100% sure, BUT - I believe these are industrial smoke generating pellets used to locate gas/air leaks..The beeswax should retard air from uniting with the pellet wood thus developing a smoldering effect.
  • #6 by 1MoreFord on 22 Jun 2021

•  Not 100% sure, BUT - I believe these are industrial smoke generating pellets used to locate gas/air leaks..The beeswax should retard air from uniting with the pellet wood thus developing a smoldering effect.

Not according to their web site.  They are called cooking pellets on the site along with their line of cookers.
  • #7 by Bentley on 22 Jun 2021
  • Never heard of a pellet being bound with anything but lignin, nor do I want it bound with anything but that!
Pages:
Actions