Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by SmokinHandyman on 25 Aug 2017
  • I am Jerry from Springfield,  IL
    I never have done any competition cooking, but someday when I get a bigger pit I will.

I just enjoy making some good grub for family and friends.

Best Wishes to Bentley and crew on this new site!

• #2 by Bentley on 25 Aug 2017
  • Home of the Cozy Dog, had one in October of 2010, 1 day after the finish of the American Royal...Pelletheads Hot Dog (L) and Squritthecat (R) joined us.  I had seen the business on a PBS special about Hot Dog joints and had to visit...I build things up in my mind to where the poor establishment never has a chance to live up to it!  They were very good, but just a regular corn dog to me!

Have you ever been?

• #3 by SmokinHandyman on 26 Aug 2017
  • I have been to the original before they built the new building tears ago.
    I live about two miles from there
  • #4 by Bentley on 26 Aug 2017
  • I am assuming we were at the original?  Is the new one nicer?
  • #5 by SmokinHandyman on 26 Aug 2017
  • Yes, Walgreen's bought the property that the old one was on next door. Basically Walgreen's bought them a new building.
    The last time I was at the original was about 45 years ago. 8 or 9 years old.
    That place is on the original Rt 66, a lot of history.
  • #6 by Bentley on 26 Aug 2017
  • Well, I am glad I got there before Walgreens!  How far apart the old and new locations?  Or am I misunderstanding and they are very close to the same location?
  • #7 by GREG-B on 26 Aug 2017
  • ..".I build things up in my mind to where the poor establishment never has a chance to live up to it!  They were very good, but just a regular corn dog to me!"

I have done this so many times myself.   Hence that is the reason I rarely recommend an establishment to anyone.   Taste is a subjective thing.
  • #8 by SmokinHandyman on 27 Aug 2017
  • Well, I am glad I got there before Walgreens!  How far apart the old and new locations?  Or am I misunderstanding and they are very close to the same location?
    They are next to each other
  • #9 by Trooper on 27 Aug 2017
  • Welcome aboard, SmokinHandyman,
    I too have been to the "CozyDog" when the wife and I did our Route 66 tour from downtown Chicago to the end of the pier in Santa Monica. Springfield was our first overnight stay on this journey.
    Glad we're together on this forum.
  • #10 by Quadman750 on 27 Aug 2017
  • Welcome to the forum
  • #11 by riverrat49 on 28 Aug 2017
  • Welcome to the Forum from Spokane, WA
Pages:
Actions