Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 23 Mar 2022
  • Ingredients

1 can of crescent rolls
    1 small onion
    3 strips of bacon
    1 cup grated cheese (your choice, but Swiss or Gouda are good)
    3 eggs
    1 cup half and half
    Dash of mustard

Process

Use a "giant" muffin pan, the large one used to make giant muffins
    Spray pan with baking spray
    Unroll crescent dough and lay flat.  There will be four rectangles.  Put together the edges of each of these four rectangles to make four solid pieces.  Take each piece and fit into a muffin hole shaping it to fit into the hole with some dough on the outside rim.

Chop and sauté the onion and cook the bacon and then chop it. Then fill each of your dough cups with a fourth of your onions, bacon and cheese, either in layers or mixed together.  If you don't one of those ingredients, leave it out or substitute what you like.

Beat the 3 eggs with the dash of mustard until foamy.  Heat the half and half until just warm and then beat into eggs.  Pour egg mixture into your "cups" and fill as full as you can.  Sprinkle a little nutmeg on top.

Pre-heat oven to 350 and then insert muffins.  Bake for about 20 minutes until done. Cool a bit.  Can be refrigerated and reheat.  Makes 4, but you will probably have some left over egg mixture.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by Kristin Meredith on 23 Mar 2022
  • I am not good at writing up recipes, so I hope this makes sense.  If not, please post questions and I will answer.
  • #3 by BigDave83 on 23 Mar 2022
  • Makes sense to me. Looks pretty tasty. I just came home from the store. Had I seen this earlier I would have gotten crescent rolls. would make a nice breakfast on Sunday morning.
  • #4 by yorkdude on 24 Mar 2022
  • Those look really good.
  • #5 by pmillen on 24 Mar 2022
  • We like to make uncommon breakfasts for overnight guests.  This is a perfect fit.

Even I can understand the process.

Thanks for posting.
  • #6 by hughver on 24 Mar 2022
  • I guess that I' the only dense one here. How do you take four rectangles put them together and get four squares? Do you fold the rectangles in half to get four squares?
  • #7 by Kristin Meredith on 24 Mar 2022
  • I guess you could do that.  I just took the rectangles of dough and stuffed them and shaped them to fit into the muffin cup.  Not perfect by any means, but not as much work as trying to make them into squares.
  • #8 by Kristin Meredith on 24 Mar 2022
  • Bentley thinks I am being confusing.  Two triangles of crescent dough sealed together make one rectangle of dough. One rectangle of dough is then put into one muffin tin and shaped into the shape of the tin.  Next time I make them I will post pics of the process.
  • #9 by Kristin Meredith on 24 Mar 2022
  • No that is not how it will look.  I will make some tomorrow and take photos.
  • #10 by Bentley on 24 Mar 2022
  • Yes, it will look like that.  They are triangles that are perforated.  I just took some out 3 days ago and made. Pigs in a Blanket.  Maybe that is not the way you use them in your recipe, but they basically look just that way when they come out of the roll.
  • #11 by hughver on 25 Mar 2022
  • I got it. Thanks. If these old bones can make it to the store, I'll try them. They look good to me. I think that I'll add a tsp. or so of well squeezed chopped Spanish to the filling in order to get my better half to try them.
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Mar 2022
  • I need to give my wife this recipe.  It would probably save me a lot of money so she doesn't have to buy them at Panera.
  • #13 by hughver on 26 Mar 2022
  • I'm not sure what size your muffin tins are, they look gigantic, but I only have 2" and 2 3/4". NP, I'll adjust as required. Did you par bake the crust?
  • #14 by 02ebz06 on 26 Mar 2022
  • I'm not sure what size your muffin tins are, they look gigantic, but I only have 2" and 2 3/4". NP, I'll adjust as required. Did you par bake the crust?

They make "large" muffin pans.  I have a couple of the regular size like you have (12 muffin capacity) and one of the large (6 muffin capacity).
    Also have a mini-muffin pan.
  • #15 by Kristin Meredith on 26 Mar 2022
  • Mine are the giant 6 muffin tins.  I did not par bake.  If you are using a smaller muffin tin you may want to use just one triangle of dough and shape it to fit.  Otherwise the amount of dough may be overwhelming.
Pages:
Actions