Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by ScottE on 20 Apr 2022
  • This is a variation of a recipe I came across in the recteq YouTube channel, and there's a number of other similar recipes out there. I made my version of this a couple of days ago and these burgers turned out better than I had expected. So, here it is!

Roasted Green Chili and Onions

This involves roasting some chilis and onions and dicing into a mixture that will be put on the patties at the end of cooking.

1. Cut Poblano peppers in half lengthwise, and de-stem and de-seed. If you like a bit more heat, add a couple Serrano or Jalapeno peppers as your taste desires.
    2. Slice onion in largish long pieces - so they don't fall through the grates or get burned at the tips.
    3. Lightly coat peppers and onion in oil and sprinkle on some salt. I used Avocado oil and Pink Himalayan salt, but anything will do.
    4. With the grill at 500 degrees, roast the peppers and onions enough to get some char on the peppers. Try not to burn the onions like I always do.
    5. Put the peppers in a ziplock bag for 10 minutes, and set the onion aside. The bag will steam the peppers and prep for the next step.
    6. Peel the skin from the peppers - most of it should peel by hand, but scraping a knife across the top works too.
    7. Dice up the peppers and onions.
    8. During the last couple of minutes of grilling the burgers, put the pepper and onion mix on top of the patties and cover with a slice of cheese. I used PepperJack, and it was excellent, but Provolone, Swiss, or anything else would be great too.

Thai Sweet Chili Mayo

I wasn't sure if this was really going to be good, but it was excellent and turns out to add some incredible sweet and savory flavor - well beyond my expectations.

1. Mix equal parts mayonnaise and a Thai sweet chili sauce. I used Mae Ploy.

That's it!
  • #2 by 02ebz06 on 20 Apr 2022
  • Thanks for posting.
    I would swap the Poblano peppers with Hatch Chilies since I always have them in the freezer.  ;D
  • #3 by ScottE on 22 Apr 2022
  • I would swap the Poblano peppers with Hatch Chilies, since I always have them in the freezer.

Sure! I don't think you could go wrong with any chilis, and Hatch would be a great choice. Thanks!
  • #4 by Darwin on 23 Apr 2022
  • Sounds like a great burger!  Green chili cheese burger is my favorite.  The sweet chili mayo sounds interesting.  Thanks for sharing
Pages:
Actions