Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by JoeGrilling on 13 May 2022
  • You would think that living in the SF Bay Area there would be a number of quality pellet retailers in the area.  I was buying LJs from Dick's Sporting Goods but they replaced them with Camp Chef.  There are a lot of retailers selling pellets but they are mostly Traeger.  I finally got tired of hunting and placed a bulk order for 15 bags with Cookin Pellets.
  • #2 by 02ebz06 on 13 May 2022
  • Walmart and Lowes sell pellets that aren't Traeger.  They have Pit Boss and even Kingsford. Don't know if anybody has tried the Kingsford.

• #3 by MP09 on 18 May 2022
  • cookinpellets bulk in my opinion is a great price for a quality pellet. i have 3 friends that go in with me on the buy and everyone wins.
  • #4 by JoeGrilling on 18 May 2022
  • cookinpellets bulk in my opinion is a great price for a quality pellet. i have 3 friends that go in with me on the buy and everyone wins.

I have a 15 pack on the way.
  • #5 by hughver on 19 May 2022
  • When Amazon was selling cooking pellets delivered for a great price, I bought 5 or 6 hundred lbs. and have only bought 2-3 bags since then. And I still have 200+ lbs. left.
  • #6 by 02ebz06 on 19 May 2022
  • I'm good for a while. I split 1.2 tons of Lumberjack pellets with my son and a previous neighbor last year.
    800 pounds should last me several years.
  • #7 by chris becker on 17 Nov 2022
  • Just wanted to say THANKS to all the took that smart 15 bag bulk buy!!!

Best
    Chris
  • #8 by okie smokie on 17 Nov 2022
  • I have found a reliable source for LJ and really like both the Competition Blend, and Supreme Blend. At $9.99/ 20lbs, its a great deal. I must admit that I have used the Traeger Gourmet Blend and they were just fine. I don't think they use flavoring oils in Traeger, at least after all the bad publicity. I asked the rep when he was at Costco, and he did not deny (or admit) past rumor but assured me that current product is clean. They produce lower ash than the LJ. (no bark). Costco cost for 32 lbs/ $19 ? or close. Costco now has it's own brand, but I have not used them, as I do not lift 40 lb bags.
  • #9 by BrandonLutz on 04 Dec 2022
  • Lowe's (well the ones around here) regularly puts the 40lb bag of PitBoss pellets on sale for $9.99. When they do, I stock up on a few bags. It is usually the competition blend but I find it puts out good flavor and it runs well in all 3 of my pellet grills.
  • #10 by 02ebz06 on 05 Dec 2022
  • Lowe's (well the ones around here) regularly puts the 40lb bag of PitBoss pellets on sale for $9.99. When they do, I stock up on a few bags. It is usually the competition blend but I find it puts out good flavor and it runs well in all 3 of my pellet grills.

The Lowes near me has those too.
    Didn't check price as I probably have 5 years worth of LJ pellets in my shed.
Pages:
Actions